car [ W.M ]

Right now, I was doing some paperwork's fury gave me when suddenly Jarvis spoke.

"Miss Y/LN, your presence is being requested at the medbay."

"by who and why?" I asked with furrowed eyebrows, "by doctor Banner and he said it's about miss Maximoff."

when I heard her name, it didn't took me a second to leave my work and sprinted down the hallways to the bay.

I didn't even bother to knock and just enter, my heart drops when I saw her laying in the bed with bruises.

"what happened?" I asked and walked towards them, "she got into a car accident, a car that was in full speed with drunk driver on it hit her." he explained and all I can do is let out a deep sigh.

"is she gonna be okay though?" he nods, "she's fine, nothing serious. she just need a rest to heal completely. no heavy activities."

I thanked him and he excuse himself. I grab a chair and sat down holding her hands.

I just stared at her taking her beauty in, she looks peaceful sleeping. after a minute, I decided to take a nap still holding her hand.

-

I felt someone squeeze my hand and I started to stir awake, I blink a couple of time adjusting to the light before my eyes landed on my girlfriend.

"you're awake, are you okay? do you need anything? do you want me to call Bruce?" I asked and look at her body trying to find if her body's hurting.

she giggled and smiled at me widely before squeezing my hand again, "I'm fine, love. thank you."

"how you feeling?" I asked and gently rub my thumb across her knuckles, "I'm good now that you're here." she gave me a soft smile and I kissed her forehead.

it's been an hour since she woke up and Bruce told us that her car is totally crushed and can't be use anymore.

right now, she's throwing this tantrum because of her fucking car.

"my car is totally fucked!" she angrily said crossing her arms.

"it's okay, we could just buy a new one," I smiled, "at least you're okay and-"

"yeah, but my car." she said, "there's something..." she mumbled under her breath but I still heard it.

I can feel that she wanted to say something but quickly dismiss it, "what something, Wanda?" I asked.

"nevermind, forget about it." I raised my eyebrows at her but she acted like she didn't see anything and close her eyes. I just rolled my eyes and let her rest.

A week later had passed and she was still at the med-bay, recovering.

"when can I leave? it's so boring in here." Wanda said, I put my book down and saw her pouting, "Bruce said maybe next week, but you still need to rest."

"that car really hit me hard huh?" she jokes making me glare at her, I mean seriously?

"you could've died and now you decided to make a joke out of it?" I sternly said, "you're no fun." she replied and I rolled my eyes.

we fall into a comfortable silence and after a minute I saw her letting out a yawn. I close the book not without remembering where I stopped.

"go sleep, love. I'll be here when you wake up," I softly said and fix the covers before giving her forehead a kiss, "I love you, so much." she said with a smile, "I love you too, now rest."

she chuckled and nods, "yes, ma'am!"

I can't help but let the smile creep across my face, I gave kiss her forehead once again before mumbling, "I'm so lucky to have you," even though she can't hear me because she's already passed asleep. I sat back down and continue reading.

without knowing, an hour already passed and the sound of her phone got my attention. I look at her and saw her still sleeping. I checked it and it's from a car repair company.

"good news," the text said before another message came, "we tore the car and manage to find the ring!"

_______

don't know to end this so... open ending, I guess?

- G.J