shadows of the night [ W.M ]

warning: mention of killed people

The city's skyline sparkled amidst the darkness, its towering buildings casting long shadows over busy streets. Far from ordinary, these streets were home to extraordinary events, where heroes and villains played their dangerous game. Among them, two prominent figures stood out in the relentless battle between good and evil: the enigmatic Scarlet Witch and the mysterious Nightshade.

Wanda, clad in her signature dark red suit, patrolled the streets with an unwavering sense of justice. Meanwhile, Nightshade, the elusive foe of the city, wore a sleek black suit, blending effortlessly into the dark of the night.

It was one fateful evening when Wanda cornered Nightshade after yet another epic clash throughout the city. The two adversaries exchanged heated words beneath the moonlit sky.

Wanda, her voice booming with confidence, called out to Nightshade, "Nightshade, your reign of terror ends tonight! You cannot escape justice any longer!" She declared with unwavering conviction, her voice carrying a sense of righteousness. "Give yourself up and face the consequences of your actions."

Nightshade smirked, her voice laced with mischief, "Wanda, you couldn't catch me if you tried." A derisive chuckle escaped Nightshade's maw as she slinked out from behind the shadows. Tall and imposing, a cloak shrouded her form, and her piercing red eyes burned with malice, "You think you can stop me? Your sense of righteousness blinds you to the greater truth. Embrace the dark side, and together, we could be unstoppable."

Wanda drew a deep breath, preparing to engage, "I will never follow a path of darkness, Y/N. I fight for what is right, no matter the cost."

However, as they lunged at each other, the floor beneath them gave way. They plummeted into a hidden underground chamber that served as a secret lair for Nightshade. Upon crashing into the abyss, their rivalry took an unexpected twist. Disoriented from the fall, Wanda groaned as she slowly regained consciousness. Opening her eyes, she found herself securely bound by ethereal energy tendrils emanating from Y/N's gloved hand. She struggled against her restraints, desperately seeking an escape. 

Y/N stood beside Wanda, studying her captive counterpart, "Fascinating, isn't it? Fate has brought us together in such an unforeseen way, Scarlet Witch."

Wanda, still defiant despite the odds, glared at Nightshade, "You may have me at a disadvantage, but I will never join you."

The villain raised an eyebrow, seemingly intrigued by her foe's resolve, "Joining forces is not what I initially had in mind, my dear Wanda."

An intense battle continued to ensued, each blow exchanged with precise finesse. As the night came to an end, both Wanda and Y/N found themselves drained of energy, their movements weakening. Collapsing onto the rooftop, blinded by exhaustion, they finally realized they were more similar than they initially believed. Walls began to crumble, revealing individuals with aspirations, fears, and vulnerabilities. To their surprise, a chemical rainstorm erupted, drenching them both. Paralyzed by the mysterious rain, Wanda and Y/N lay motionless side by side.

Hours passed, and the two foes, with mutual understanding, they decided to seek shelter together, putting aside their enmity for the time being. They stumbled upon an abandoned warehouse, once bustling with life, now shrouded in cobwebs and dust. Inside, they found a small room containing a single, musty, old mattress.

The perfect place to rest.

As they lay side by side on the mattress, silence enveloped them. Gradually, curiosity got the better of them, and they began conversing about their individual journeys, their motivations, and the paths they chose.