INJURY

TW : ADHD

--

Cordelia's POV :

Few days passed since Hazel had her last panic attack and Mina and I were relieved. Our sweet daughter was back to us. But I promise myself everyday to never do the same mistake again : never yell at her and never be angry to my poor child. Everything was already very difficult for her, with her ADHD for example. And today was an especially bad day.

Since she woke up, Hazel was so, so, so thrilled. She couldn't stop moving, even when we were eating.

"Hazel please, let this fork alone, it did nothing to you." My wife said to Hazel in an annoying tone, while she was playing with the silverware since the beginning of lunch.

Hazel put her fork down.

"Thank you darling." Mina ended the conversation, but it was until Hazel started to move her feet under the table. She was hitting them against our chairs and the table legs.

"Hazel, please..." I sighed.

"Sorry mom, I can't control it !" She nearly screamed, and suddenly put her hand against her mouth. "I didn't mean to speak this loud. I'm sorry moms I promise I try to control myself."

"We know it sweetie. Its' okay, just finish your meal and we'll go play in the garden."

Hazel smiled at me and just started eating her food, as Mina and I were nearly ending it. It was so hard for her to focus that she was just forgetting to eat, but I knew she loved when we were playing together outside and I also knew it helped exert her energy.

We made our way in the garden after lunch and Hazel jumped on the swing. She played during 2 seconds until she was bored. She then started to make cartwheels on the grass but was soon bored again.

"Mooooooms, I'm bored..." She sighed hanging herself on the branch of a big tree.

"Maybe you can draw us something ? And use the new paint we bought ?" I proposed.

She instantly nodded and ran upstairs to grab her painting kit, but when she came back, I heard a loud thud followed by a heartbreaking cry.

Mina and I exchanged a worry look and ran inside to our little girl holding her leg in pain. She was at the bottom of the stairs, crying her eyes out. When she saw us, she tried to stand up but her leg failed to hold her, so I immediately crouched in front of my sweet baby.

"Hazel what happened ?! Are you alright ?? Show me your leg love !" I said panicking.

"Moooom stop it mom it hurts !!" She screamed.

Mina came to my side and put a hand against my back.

"Shhh, Delia don't stress her out more than she already is." She whispered to me as I took a deep breathe, but I couldn't control it, I couldn't just stare at my hurt daughter without doing anything. But I knew it was best that Mina took the lead because she was less panicked than me.

"Ok Hazel, it's okay, you're okay. Where does it hurt honey ?" She asked.

"My- my leg mom it hurts so bad !" Hazel kept crying.

"Okay deep breathe sweetie. Is it your knee ? Your ankle ?"

"My foot !" Hazel cried.

"Well, mom Delia is going to carry you to the couch so we can take a look at your foot. Can we do that ?" Mina asked sweetly and Hazel just nodded.

I took my daughter in my arms and I carried her bridal style to the living room. My wife followed us sighing because she was unable to help me hold our girl because of her scoliosis.

"There you are." I stated laying Hazel gently on the sofa. At this point she had stopped crying but she still sniffled because she was scared and in pain. Mina sat next to her as I remained standing.

"Can you show me where it hurts now darling ?" She demanded to Hazel.

"Here..." She answered showing the side of her ankle. It was already blue and swelled so I figured out it must be broken or sprained. But in all cases, it looked bad.

Mina remained calm and turned towards me. "Love, can you carry Hazel to the car while I take my bag ?"

I simply nodded and weakly smiled as I took again my daughter in my arms but as soon as I grabbed her, she started fighting.

"No ! Where are we going ?! Not the hospital please !"

"Honey, yes we're going to the emergency room. You're in pain and we need to take care of that but we're not doctors. Your ankle needs to be check by a professional, okay ?" I tried to calm her down.

"I don't like hospitals please I don't want to go mom !" She cried as I took her back in my arms.

"Shhhh calm down sweet love. It's gonna be a quick trip and then we can go to the movies if you want."

"And could we go to Dunkin's Donuts as well ?" She sniffled in my neck.

"Yes we can baby girl." I giggled as I walked to the car and carefully installed Hazel on the backseat.