SPYING

TW : Weed, Bullying

Hazel's POV :

Yesterday night, Alex and I stayed on the phone for hours. He taught me how to roll a joint and we smoked together through our phones. Then I fell asleep talking to him and when I woke up, I felt good, so so good.

"Hazel are you ready ? We leave in 5 !" Mom Mina yelled from downstairs.

Oh shit. I didn't put an alarm yesterday. I was so so late. I didn't even took off my makeup before going to my bed so my face was like a mess. I put some legging and a big hoodie and run down the stairs, careful not to break a bone like I did few weeks ago. I grabbed my bag and jumped into the car. Mom Mina was already on the driver seat.

"Wow, did you sleep okay sweetie ?"

"Uh yes, I just forgot to take off my makeup yesterday." I murmured.

"Wipe that off please." Mom gave me a wipe. She seemed to notice that something was different from usually but she couldn't tell what.

She parked in front of the school and dropped me. We kissed goodbye and I joined my friends.

Mina's POV :

Usually I would left as soon as Hazel was walking to school but today, I felt like something was wrong so I decided to wait and watch.

I saw her come closer to a group of students who seemed older than her. And once she was with us, a guy gave her a cigarette. I was shocked to see that she immediately took it and brought it to her mouth. Without thinking, she lighted it and exhaled smoke. My baby was smoking, and it made me very angry. I had enough and called my wife.

"Mina ?"

"Yes hi Delia. I have some very bad news about Hazel." I said sternly.

"What ?! Is she fine ? What happened ??" Delia asked panicked.

"Hey, hey, she's okay, but I just saw her smoking with some of her friends. She smoked Dee. Our baby smoked."

"Oh gosh Mina you stressed me out."

"I'm sorry but it's serious !" I answered angrily.

"Yes it is. We both hate cigarette. We'll have a talk with her tonight."

"I agree." And with that we hang up, and I drove to work very very mad.

Hazel's POV :

After two joints of weed I made my way to my first class. I was very distracted during the whole hour and I liked it.

"Hazel, it's been a week you don't focus in my classes. Come to meet me at the end of the hour." The teacher said firmly.

"Mmmh." I simply answered which made the teacher angrier.

At the end of the lesson I walked to his desk.

"What's happening with you Hazel ? You changed. Before you were always raising your hand, paying attention to the lesson and you had very good grades. Now you're the total opposite. And I just finished graded your last exam, it's very bad. Your results are not good."

I just nodded because I had nothing to respond to that.

"You got an F Hazel. You used to have A and A+. Now an F ! What is happening ?"

"Nothing." I grumbled.

"Well, I'll have to call your parents. I'm sorry but it's the school policy."

I wasn't prepared for that so I became very angry. Usually I would have been stressed about him calling my moms but right now it made me so mad.

"Do whatever you want I don't care. Can I go now ?"

The teacher's eyes went wide but he nodded so I left the classroom but I didn't went to my next lesson. Anyway I was already late so I decided to go outside to smoke and I found my friends and Alex here.

"Hazel ! Aren't you in class ?" He asked me.

"I'm supposed to but I don't want to." I replied.

"I'm glad you did ! Now we can spend time together." He kindly smiled. God I think I really like him.

I tried to join the conversation but they were criticizing people.

"Who are you talking about ?" I asked between two drags of weed.

"Luke, you're 'friend'". They said, mocking the word friend.

"What about him ?" I asked since it's been a while I didn't spend time with him as I was always with them.

"You don't know ? He's the worst guy here. He pretends to be nice but in fact, he hide a lot."

"Like what ?"

"His father is in jail. I'm sure he killed people or something like that because Luke is so weird. He must be a killer or something like that. And his mom, she's always wearing mini skirts and shirts that aren't covering her bras. She's such a slut. For real ! I'm sure she's a prostitute. How can you be friend with the son of a killer and a whore ?" The all laughed. So did I. I couldn't keep talking to Luke if I wanted to stay close to my new friends, so I totally ghosted him.