LYING

TW : Weed

Hazel's POV :

I turned my face to the window and opened it to hide my smell, because it was me, I smelled weed.

"Uuuuh I don't know, do you smell something ? Because I don't..." I tried.

"Hazel look at me." Mom Mina ordered. I turned again but this time to face her.

"I can recognize this smell. It's drug."

I suddenly thought of something to cover my ass because I was too scared to accept that it was me.

"Oh, I was with some friends, I think they smocked but I didn't know it was weed mom, otherwise I wouldn't stay with them !" I lied, again.

"Well, I'm happy that you already made new friends but please be careful with who you're staying. You know, drugs habits are the worst, once you start it, you're immediately addict and like my bosses..."

"Mom I know, you already told me a million times." I rolled my eyes.

"What was this attitude ?" She raised her eyebrows.

I didn't mean to speak like that, I think it was the weed having effect on my personality. So I decided to just shut my mouth so mom wouldn't understand that it was me who smoked weed.

We drove home in a comfortable silence and as soon as I was inside, I ran to my bedroom.

Mina's POV :

When we entered the house, Hazel immediately left upstairs. Cordelia who was cooking in the kitchen just had time to see our daughter close her door. She looked at me with a questioning look.

"Is everything alright ?" She asked me.

"Yes, Hazel seemed happy, it looked like she had a good first day back at school and I think she even made friends, I don't understand..." I answered as confused as my wife.

"Sometimes she really tries to hide things from us in order not to stress us, and with her last experience at school, we should make sure she's fine." Cordelia stated. "I'll go check on her." She finished.

Hazel's POV :

I closed my bathroom's door and locked it behind me. Now I was standing in front of my mirror, holding myself on the sink, looking at the huge mess I thought I was.

'Shit, what did I do ? Why did I smoked ?! Fuck I'm so stupid, I'm so useless. If moms figure out I'm gonna be grounded until I die, or worst, they'll kill me. Shit shit shit I'm such a disappointment god-' I murmured to myself until I heard a knock.

"Honey, are you okay ?"

It was mom Delia.

"Y-yes ! Yes mom don't worry I'm totally alright I just- I just needed the bathroom quickly !" I stuttered.

"Okay... But you didn't even kissed me hello when you came home, I need a hug baby." She said fake pouting.

I giggled a bit but I was still panicked about them finding out.

"I'm gonna take a shower now !" I screamed from the other side of the door.

"Okay, come downstairs when you're finish ! I want you to tell me all about your day !" She responded enthusiastically.

I immediately jumped in the shower and tried to wash my hair as good as I could to take off all the smell of the weed. I put a lot of perfume and my comfy pajamas where you could smell MY smell. Then I joined my moms for dinner, and they were happy to see me. In fact I was too, but still stressed.

"So how was your first day back sweet love ?" Mom Delia asked me.

"Very good ! I met new people, I have a very good friend, his name is Luke and he is so nice ! We even ate together at lunch, and we have a lot of things in common like enjoying drawing or painting. I'm so grateful I met him !"

"And what about the teachers ?" Mom Mina asked.

"Everyone is just so sympathetic ! I hope I'll get good grades with them." I responded putting a big fork of pasta in my mouth.

"Speak or eat, not both at the same time honey." Mom Delia warned, but with her usual sweet smile.

And the dinner went very well, mom Mina didn't mention the weed and they both were very happy and proud of me for today. I couldn't be more happy, even the weed was helping me. The evening, I draw for hours because I had a lot of inspiration but the effects stopped at a time and I wished they could stay forever.