WAITING

TW : Panic Attack, Blood

Hazel's POV :

Mom Delia sat with me on the backseat and we arrived quickly at the hospital as I could feel my heart beat really fast in my chest. I always hated hospitals and because of my disorders like ADHD I had to go sometimes, but it was always so difficult for me. It's a scary place with a lot of sick people and I'm always scared to catch their illnesses. Everyone is stressed there and the light hurt my eyes.

Mom Delia went in the ER to grab me a wheelchair as my other mom helped me out of the car.

"Mom, I'm hurting your back." I said as she helped me stand on one foot.

"Don't worry about that lovely." She smiled.

I sat on the wheelchair and we entered the ER. It was very, very busy. People were running, some of them were screaming to the others and there was a lot of people in the waiting room. I immediately took my mom's Mina hand and we stopped at the office.

"Good evening, we're here because my daughter fall in the stairs and she hurt her ankle."

"Alright. Can you give me her name, and age please ?" The woman asked.

"Hazel Goode Venable, and she's 14."

The woman suddenly stood to be able to look at me and smiled.

"Hi Hazel ! Do you remember me ? I was here the last time you came for some tests !" She stated.

I raised my eyes to meet hers and I recognize this woman, I immediately felt less stressed.

"Yes I remember, you were the nicest here."

"Thank you honey. Now I'm sorry you're injured, but there is a lot of people today so I think you're gonna wait a bit..." She was sorry for me.

"It's okay." Mom Mina said sternly, even if I knew she really hated waiting, but we had no choice.

We sat together and waited, we waited, and waited again. For minutes, hours, until mom Mina became really angry. "What is this hospital ?! Can't they notice that Hazel is in pain right now ?!" She raised her voice but mom Delia put her hand on Mina's knee.

"Calm down darling. They said there was a lot of people today. Can't you see ? They're all waiting just like us."

"I know, I know but Hazel doesn't like hospitals, it's already hard for her AND for me to be here so they can AT LEAST tell us HOW MANY TIME WE'RE GOING TO WAIT !"

"Mom, please stop..." I murmured to her, because I was a bit embarrassed but especially because I hated when she was angry and yelling.

"Sorry honey, I'm sorry I know you don't like when I scream, but it's very long and I just want you to be okay and no longer in pain."

"I'm okay, the pain doesn't really bother me, it's okay..." I lied in order to calm my mom.

But what made me really scared is when I saw a man coming with an ambulance, covered in blood. The paramedics were screaming at each others things like "Hurry he can't hold any longer !" "Help here it's very serious !"

It made me panic but I couldn't take my eyes off of this poor guy, until I heard mom Delia say my name.

Cordelia's POV :

"Hazel ? Hazel sweetie look at me. Hazel ? Hazel !"

Our daughter was stuck in her thoughts as she was staring at a very injured guy. There was a lot of blood so I can understand why she was shocked. Even for me it was difficult to watch. But Hazel seemed so stuck, she was staring and her breathing was becoming very heavy.

I took her hands in mine and squeezed them.

"Baby girl look at me please, come back here, come back to me."

She suddenly turned her eyes and they meet mine. They were full of panic and tears.

"M-mom this m-man he is go-going to die !"

"It's okay, doctors are taking care of him he'll be fine I promise."

"You d-don't know." She stuttered still hyperventilating.

"Stop Hazel. Now listen to me." I said firmly. "Take a deep deep breathe. Great now hold it... And breathe out. Good girl. Now again. Deep breathe in... and out..."

Her breathing was less rapid by now but she was still very tense and stressed so Mina decided to talk to the woman from the secretary.

Mina's POV :

"I'm sorry to bother you again mam but our daughter isn't feeling very well right now. Could you at least put her in a more quiet room ?" I demanded, trying to be as nice as I could.

"I'm sorry but she has to wait like everyone. It's very busy today because of a big car accident but she'll see a doctor soon."

"You said that when we arrived, and again few hours ago. Now we can't wait any longer. Please call someone to take care of her."

"Mam I'm going to ask you to stay calm. I know it's stressful for parents to see their child hurt but for now I-" But the woman was not able to finish her sentence, she was cut off but Cordelia's scream.