AMBULANCE

Delia's POV :

"Thank you mam. We're taking her to the hospital. Now." Stated the paramedic.

They lifted Hazel to a gurney and strapped her down on it.

"Why do you have to restrain her ?" I asked through my tears.

"Because if she wakes up, she may try to hurt herself. We don't want to take that risk." He replied sternly and I nodded. They rolled my daughter to the ambulance and asked who between my wife and I wanted to roll with them while the other was driving the car.

"I'll go." Stated Mina without talking to me first. Then, she turned towards me. "My love, breathe and take the car. Join us at the hospital. We'll be fine I promise. It's still your birthday, you don't have to see Hazel suffer more." She kissed my cheek and painfully jumped into the ambulance. I took a deep breathe and walked to the car, put my seat-belt on and started driving as I saw the ambulance leaving the parking of the restaurant. The road in front of me was blurry because of the tears in my eyes but I managed not to have an accident.

Mina's POV :

I sat next to the gurney were my daughter was lying unconscious. My hands were tightly holding hers and pure anger was heating my body so much that I'm sure you could see smoke coming out of my ears.

"What did you do sweetie, what did you do... I'm so mad, not at you, at me, for not noticing earlier how deep it was going. Why didn't I notice earlier... I'm sorry, please forgive me lovely. Please, mommy will always be here for you." I whispered, closing my eyes to stop the tears from flooding my face. Suddenly, I felt like her hand was squeezing mine, but obviously, it was my imagination playing tricks. Then I felt it again so I raised my head to be met with her half opened beautiful eyes.

"Hazel ! Baby can you hear me ?" I asked her, nearly standing up in shock. The paramedic, seeing me, leaned over my little girl to check her pupils with a little light.

"Is she okay ? Answer me, how is she ?" I questioned him.

"She's conscious, that's good. But she'll have to have some scans at the hospital to check were the bleeding is coming from." He answered firmly. I nodded, not wanting to cause a scene again. Once we reached the hospital, we were met by some doctors who quickly took Hazel inside the ER. I couldn't follow them so I just waited for my wife to arrive, and she did soon. She ran to me, hugging my body as tight as she could.

"How is she ?"

"She opened her eyes in the ambulance. Now the doctors are doing some tests on her." I sighed.

"Can we go see her ?" Delia demanded, quite loudly, and a doctor came to us at the same time.

"Yes you can. She's weak but awake. We were able to take care of the bleeding, she'll be fine, physically. But mentally, you'll have to talk with a psychiatrist." He stated.

"She already have a therapist." I growled, not liking when people were giving me advice about the way I was raising my daughter.

"Okay but here, you'll really need a psychiatrist. Trust me." He ended the conversation and led us to a small room with a bed in the middle, Hazel laying in it. She was awfully pale, but a least she was awake.

"Sweetheart." Delia said, nearly running to her. "You scared us my love, you really scared us a lot."

I walked to the other side of the bed and stood next to my little girl. "Yes you did Hazel. But we're grateful you're fine now."

"Do you want to talk to us ? Do you want to tell us what happened ?" My wife asked Hazel.

She coughed a bit to clear her throat, but it seemed hard to speak so she only shook her head, saying that she wasn't ready yet.