INDEPENDENCE

Author's note : hi guys, i've been having a lack of ideas recently for this book, so if you can comment some plots for the next chapters i would be so happy ! <3

Cordelia's POV :

Weeks have passed since Hazel tried to kill herself and she was a bit better. With a lot of efforts, she was now able to feed herself and shower alone. The sleeping part was harder. Mina and I had to cuddle with her until she would eventually fall asleep, and she had regular nightmares. But except this, she was doing better. She was seeing a therapist two times a week and the doctor was happy with her results. Our daughter was starting to come back to us, finally.

Today she had an appointment with her therapist, and Mina and I were busy, so we tried to ask Hazel if she felt ready to go by herself.

As we were sitting at the breakfast table, I talked to her.

"Honey, mom and I have both important meetings today so we won't be able to take you to your appointment." She raised her eyes. "Do you feel like you can go alone ?"

She only shrugged.

"Baby, tell us if you don't want to, it's okay and we'll change the appointment to another day. Don't worry just be honest." Mina continued.

Hazel took a deep breathe and answered. "I think... I think I can do it. It's not very far from the house."

"You're so strong lovely, we're so proud of you." I said kissing her cheek and making my way to do the dishes.

Hazel's POV :

I was a bit stressed to go alone to my appointment but I knew it was by doing things we're afraid of that we can become stronger and I needed to be courageous, for my moms and for me.

After breakfast I came back to my room and put on a large hoodie and a cute skirt. It was a bit short but it was meant to be wear like that so I didn't think a lot about it. I put some light makeup and my moms came to kiss me goodbye.

"Have a good day sweetie, and don't hesitate to call us if you need. Okay ?" Said mom Mina.

"Yes mom I will."

"Call us after your appointment baby girl." Added mom Delia and they hugged me before leaving the house to go to work. I watched TV until it was time to go. I put my shoes on, took my bag and locked the door. I took a deep breathe and I started walking. It's been a while since I took a walk alone so I was a bit stressed but it felt good to walk at my pace. I arrived at the therapist office and walked in, where I was greeted by my therapist.

"Hi Hazel ! How're you doing ?"

"I'm fine. Great actually, I just walked here by myself because my moms were busy."

"You came alone ? Wow that's a big progress ! You can be proud of you, I guess your moms are too."

"Yes, I think they're." I simply replied, as she took some notes on her paper book, then she looked at me with an interrogative expression.

"Would you say that it's important for you to make your moms proud ?"

"Uh, yes I guess. Especially now."

"What do you mean by 'especially now'?" My therapist asked with an eyebrow raised.

"I mean... I feel like I've disappointed them so many times so now I really need to be the best girl I can be to make them proud.

"Otherwise what would happen ?"

"Otherwise... They would stop loving me... I guess." I looked down at my shaking hands.

"Hazel, let's be clear with that, your moms will always love you, no matter what. They tell you that everyday because they want to make sure that you register it. They're always proud of you, never disappointed. Sometimes mad, worried, but not disappointed in you."

"They were at some point."

"When ?"

"When... When I did all the shits I did. Smoking, lying, having an attitude, sneaking out and drinking, all those things disappointed them."

"They were worried Hazel. They didn't know what was happening to you because you were very off. Now you know that you can talk to them. In fact, you need to talk to them because honesty is the founding of a relationship."

I nodded and we talked a bit more until the session was over.

At the end of it, I made my way to the house, when I heard some laughs behind me. I turned to see the people I wanted to see the less, Alex and his friends.