Tragedy Shatters Barriers

HAHAHA FLASHBACKS GO BRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRR THIS CHAPTER...

In all seriousness, I'm glad you are all enjoying the book since I'm enjoying writing this story. Sorry but this will be almost entirely a Chris focused chapter since there is no way in hell I'm letting you guys with out a resolution to last chapter's ending. I also don't want this book to just follow the events of the pre existing characters since to me it makes Chris feels like a poorly written add-on and not his own personal character. I decided to post this chapter early since I put a lot of work into it and I don't want you guys to wait for an entire week for this so with all of that out of the way

Enjoy the chapter my dear readers

"I'm destined to be nothing but an object of destruction.." Chris says as he and Silva sit under the tree once more. "And why do you say that?" Silva asks and Chris, realizing what he says stutters out a response.

"My..my papa..he was a brutal man..he trained me..and my siblings..making us..fight each-other..to test us..so we could..become useful to him.." Chris felt his eyes start to water and he quickly wiped the tears away as Silva slowly places her arm around him, bringing him closer to her. "You still believe what he said?" Silva asks and Chris nods "I'm a monster..a killing machine..created for the solo purpose of whatever papa had planned for us." Silva continues to hug Chris who sinks into her embrace.

"Chris, I know that..what you are going through..is more than most will ever go through in their entire lives. But, I promise you, that you will find someone. Someone who, despite everything that you think is wrong with you, will love you for who you are." Chris smiles as tears run down his face "I love you mom." Silva smiles "I love you too"

Chris awakens with a gasp and grasps at where Silva's arms had been, feeling nothing but his own skin. Chris turns on his side, noticing the clock on his wall.

4:30 am

After the events that had transpired, Chris rushed home, and when a loud banging sound echoed from his door, James quickly went to see what was wrong. James expected to see Chris smiling with a large bag of candy in his hand, already eating the goods he had collected from the town, so it was a complete shock to him when he saw Chis, shivering and sobbing at the door, his clothes tattered and ripped at different parts, and Chris clutching the bag of candy as if it was the closest thing to support he had at the moment.

The barriers were broken, Chris needed a father, needed SOMEONE to talk to and James was more the willing to provide. The two loved each other but because of the walls they set up, they were never able to truly be a father and son. So James guided Chris downstairs to the couch and they sat together with James just hugging Chris, allowing him to sob into his shirt for however long he needed. 

Chris had entered the house at 10:15 pm. When he was done crying, it was 10:40 pm. "I'm so sorry you went through that. This shouldn't of happened to you. If I see that man, I'm go- "He's dead" Chris' voice echoes, broken and tired. "I..I tried f-fighting back and he..he removed the gloves so..so I- "You killed him" James states and Chris nods looking at the hand that had touched the man's face. "Chris" Chris looks at James who has a calm look on his face. "You are strong, and you are very brave. Not many would be as lucky as you were to get away from that man." "But..I killed him..the same way I killed..mom." 

Chris hums to the music that his mother is playing as the two of them are sitting in the kitchen, eating a small snack. James had been at work and the two were just relaxing. For once, he wasn't wearing his gloves. He hadn't shown any signs of his powers, perhaps in leaving Hawkins, his powers had faded, as if the source was too far away from him.