Who We Are

Twelve

Twelve

Twelve!

Twelve!!

Twelve snaps out of his trance, glancing at the doctor. "Is something bothering you today Number Twelve?" The child shakes his head "No sir" The doctor nods and jots down something on his notepad though Twelve pays no attention to it. "Today's lessons should be fun." Twelve looks back at the doctor who pulls out a can. "Please decay this can, Number Twelve." Twelve nods and grabs a hold of the can with all five fingers. His decay slowly covers the can before the can falls apart, breaking into dust on the table. 

"Very good job Number Twelve." Twelve only offers a nod in response and the doctor stands up from his chair grabbing 3 other cans. "Now, I will set a timer. Your goal is to decay all three cans in 10 seconds or less. Do you understand?" Twelve nods and stares at the cans, waiting for the doctor's order to begin.

"And...go!"

Twelve's hand launches forward, grasping onto the can in the middle. It took 4.5 seconds for the can to disintegrate. Twelve then grabs the other two cans with each hand. His decay wasn't as strong using both hands, but it would be the only way to-

"Fail" The doctor announces and Twelve looks at the cans as they finally disintegrate in his hands. The doctor held out the stop watch, showcasing the time: 10.5 "One can at a time takes less time then two at a time." Twelve looks down in disappointment. "Oh don't worry, your powers are still very quick working, and you will grow stronger the more you practice, I'm sure." 

Suddenly, alarms begin to go off and Twelve's head bolts up while a look of confusion crosses over the doctor's face. "What the?" The doctor walks out of the door and into the hallway, looking around. "What's going o-