The Aftermath Part 2

[ ^^ Play for Extra Gut Punch ^^ ]

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Dear Chris,

I know it has been some time since I've come to visit you. You and Billy are close by to one another and you're next to your dad. I hope you both like that, being reunited with one another again. I know that you never got to properly grieve for your dad since The Mind Flayer was such a big priority. 

Nothing has been the same since you've left us. You and Billy weren't the only ones to die that day. Chief Hopper died, Mrs. Byers said he held off some Russian agent while she pulled the keys to shut the machine down and destroy it. El was miserable afterwards, pretty sure she lost a few noticeable pounds in the weeks that followed. Same with Will, I don't know why, but I think he took your death pretty hard. 

Though I can't be any sort of judge in that category, I haven't eaten anything in days.

I think, out of all things, the reason I don't visit you often, is because I'm angry. I'm angry at a lot of things but I don't know where to aim that anger. I'm angry at The Mind Flayer, just for existing and ruining my already messed up life. I'm mad at Dustin and Sussie for taking so long to get the code to Chief Hopper. Sometimes I dream that they get the code faster, and you, Billy, and Chief Hopper don't needlessly die.

Some days I find myself angry at you. If only you had ripped the tentacles you were holding back sooner, maybe Billy wouldn't have died. If only you hadn't turned around, leaving yourself vulnerable to an attack you would have been fine. I know I don't mean those things. I'm projecting, and those negative thoughts lash out at you. 

"Woah careful." "I got it" Jonathan and Nancy work together as they move bedding out of the house and onto the moving truck. "Still got it?" "Yeah, yeah." He tells her and the two get it inside the truck. 

"Turn around, look at what you see~" Max and Lucas duet with each other, grinning as they look at Dustin who simply deadpans at them. "In her face, the mirror of dreams~ Rhymes that keep their secrets. Will unfold behind the clouds~" The two stop their singing "Did we get that verse right? It's 'Unfold behind the clouds?'" Max asks and Dustin huffs "Yeah, but you're butchering it, so could you please stop?" "So then join in, Dusty-bun." Lucas smirks and blows him a kiss "Yeah, come on Dusty-bun, why don't you join us?" "You guys are so funny. You should be on Carson." Dustin states flatly "Can't we just hear your rendition?" Max asks "No" "Please, just one verse?" "No, no way. It's reserved for Suzie's ears and Suzie's ears alone." He rejects her and the other two look at each other with grins before breaking back into song, much to Dustin's annoyance. 

I pretend to be happy but I know I'm nowhere close to it. The Byers leaving yesterday only made it more clear. You were my happiness. Sure, the group was fun and I couldn't have been happier hanging out with them but you? You were special, Chris. I could have had the worst day ever and you'd make it somehow feel not as bad. 

Max sits in front of Chris grave. She places a few flowers on the tombstone, exhaling softly as she examines it. Chris was lucky to even get a tombstone. If it hadn't been for the combined efforts of The Byers, The Wheelers, The Hendersons, and The Sinclairs neither the son nor the father would be able to get a tombstone as they had no family to claim them. 

Chris Orlando

1972  - July 4th 1985

A loving son and friend, cherished by many

Max smiles as she traces the engraving of Chris' name with a soft smile. "I bet you'd say your message is shit. I'd agree with you but it's not like I have some clever idea for mine. Though I suppose I never gave the idea any thought." Max pauses for a moment "Is it odd for a 13 year old to think about that kind of stuff?" Max's question is simply answered with silence. "Gosh I wish you were here, you'd know exactly what to say." Tears begin to form in Max's eyes as her hand trembles on the tombstone. "I really miss you Chris." 

I think what really makes me angry, is myself. How I just stood there, watching as you fought off the Mind Flayer. How I watched as it stab its tentacles through Billy, how I watched as it stabbed you. All I did was watch and did nothing to help. I can't lie and say that the urge to join you two some days isn't a strong one. Mom has signed me up for therapy with the school: easy, cheap, and it keeps me out of the house. 

Max takes out a slightly damaged walkman. Max pulls out a set of songs from her jacket pocket, looking for something good to listen to. 

Beat it - Micheal Jackson

Billie Jean - Micheal Jackson

Everybody Wants to Rule the World - Tears for Fears

Running Up That Hill - Kate Bush

Max stops and picks up the song, placing it inside of the walkman. "Hopefully you don't me mind using your walkman. Let's pray you have good taste in music." The song begins and a comfortable smile falls on her face. 

Even if I do sometimes want to join you so soon. I know you'd kick my ass for doing so. So, no matter what, I'll push through, because that's what you'd want me to do. And when my time comes naturally, I hope you'll be waiting for me.

Your Partner in Crime,

Max Mayfield

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

And that is the conclusion of Season 3! 

Was it worth the wait?

Probably not, it was a very long wait so I totally understand if it wasn't worth that wait.

Hopefully I do not disappoint you all with Season 4

So?

Is Chris alive?

Is Chris dead?

I leave that question for Season 4

Cuz writing a story with the after affects of Chris does sound like a fun idea ᕕ( ᐛ )ᕗ

Guess you'll have to find out when I drop Season 4

hehe bye bye ('・ᴗ・')♡