5

"And we are finally home." I exhaled loudly as I collapsed onto the couch.

"Why are you so tired?" Buster said, limping over to me. He was walking much better now, due to me not letting him walk around by himself and icing his knee.

"Because your game went into four extra innings and I had to deal with all you guys for that long." I laughed, causing him to laugh as well.

"Well at least we won." He said, sitting down next to my feet.

"How's your knee?" I asked him sitting up and crossing my legs.

"Better. But it still hurts." He said, looking at his knee.

"Let me see it." I said, grabbing at a piece of hair that somehow ended up on my tongue.

"What on earth are you doing?" He laughed.

"There is a piece of hair on my tongue and I can't find it." I said in between my attempts of grabbing the hair. "Aha! Got it!"

"You're such an idiot." Buster said, his laughter fading into that adorable smile he always has.

"But you love me." I smiled innocently.

"Yeah," he sighed. "I wish I didn't."

"I'll take it." I said, causing him to laugh. "I forgot what I asked you to do."

"You wanted to see my knee." He reminded me.

"Oh yeah! Lemme see."

"You have fun trying to get these pants past my knees." He said, gesturing to his baseball pants.

"Yeah no. I don't want to hurt you. Can you please go change into shorts?" I batted my eyelashes at him, causing him to sigh and reluctantly get off the couch. "Thank you."

He muttered a 'yeah' and slowly walked down the hallway to his room. A few minutes later he walked out in black basketball shorts. "Happy now?" He asked as he sat on the couch beside me.

"Extremely. Now, put your leg up here." I said as he lifted his leg up. I placed a pillow under his knee.

"Lord. This is bad." I said before I sat back and sunk into the couch.

"Yeah. It's hurts bad too." Buster said as he laid back.

"Come here." I said, grabbing at him.

"What?" He asked.

"Just lay down." I said as he laid his head on my lap.

"I'm sorry about your knee." I said as I twirled chunks of his hair between my fingers.

"I'll get better." He said, taking one of my hands into his. He ran his thumb over each of my knuckles.

After staying like that for quite a while he said something that caught my attention. "I love you Sammy."

"I love you too Posies." I said, rubbing my thumb over his cheekbone.

"I mean like I love you."

"Yeah I know. I love you too." I said, smiling at him.

Those words made him smile as he sat up and left a soft kiss on my lips. "I think I'm going to go to bed." I whispered onto his lips.

"Goodnight." He said quietly, helping me off the couch. I kissed his cheek before walking to my room and laying down, still smiling like an idiot.

What just happened?

___________________________

I stole the nickname 'Posies' from trouvaillelevine bc it's the best evaa. Thanks dude. :))