11

"It's so boring without you here." I said to Buster through the small speaker in the phone.

"Trust me babygirl, I'm bored without you too."

"Are the boys excited about the game last night? You guys crushed it." I asked, folding my feet under me on the couch.

"Extremely."

"I wouldn't doubt it. I'm so excited for you guys. I can't wait until you come home. I miss you."

"I miss you too, princess. We will be home before you know it."

"Yeah. Well, I'll talk to you later, there's someone at the door. I love you."

"I love you t- what do you want Hunter? You want to talk to Sam? Call her yourself! Dude stop. No st- alright alright." There was shuffling on the phone.

"Hi Sammmyyy!" Hunter's cheery voice rang through the phone.

"Hi Hunter." I laughed.

"Ooh! Are you talking to Sam?" Timmy's voice asked.

"Yes." Hunter said.

"Hi Sammy!" Timmy yelled.

"You guys are ridiculous. I'll call you after your game guys. Can I talk to Buster?" I asked, tapping my fingers on my thigh.

There was some more shuffling before I heard Buster's voice again. "Sorry about them."

"It's ok. I'll see you later, babe. I love you so much." I said once more.

"I love you too. No guys! You can't talk to her. She has stuff to do. Alright I have to go. I love you and I'll talk to you later." He said before hanging up the phone. I laughed before I realized that there was someone at the door.

I walked over there and opened the door to see a strange man standing there. "Um hello."

"Hi. Are you Miss Sam?"

"Yeah.."

"I'm your dad." He said, smiling.

"No you're not." I said, furrowing my eyebrows. "My parents live in Georgia."

"Your adopted parents live in Georgia. Your real parents live in Florida." He said.

"How do I know you're not lying?" I asked, closing the door a bit more.

He pulled out a little picture from his pocket and showed it to me. It was a picture of me when I was a baby. "This is of you."

"Yeah I know. How did you get that?" I asked, worried.

"I'm your real dad."

"Leave." I said, looking at the floor.

"Can I at least come in so we can talk this out?" He asked, placing his hand on my shoulder.

"Don't touch me," I jerked away from him. "Get away from my house, now." I said sternly.

He sighed and slumped his shoulders but finally started walking away as I slammed the door and slid down it to the ground.

I grabbed my phone off the table and dialed Buster's number.

Hey baby.

"Buster.." I said, sniffling.

Baby what's wrong?

"How long do you have until your game starts?"

About 10 minutes.

"I'll call you after it ends, ok?"

No tell me now. If you're upset, I need to know why.

"You have something to do. And this something is your priority. Go win this game and then I'll call you when it's over."

I heard him sigh.

Ok.

"I love you." I said, wiping my cheeks with the palms of my hands.

I love you too, Princess. I'll call you as soon as possible.

"Ok."

Ok. Bye Sammy.

I hung up the phone and sighed. I walked over to the couch and turned the game on then laid down.

This was going to be a long game.

______________

As I watched postgame the ringtone for Buster's contact went off. I picked it up and pressed the answer button.

"Hello?"

Hey princess.

"What's up?"

Just driving back to the hotel. Will you please tell me what happened?

"I found out that I was adopted."

What?

"My 'parents' are adopted parents, I guess. My biological father came by today and I didn't want to talk to him. I didn't know what to do Buster," I said, tears starting to roll down my cheeks.

It's ok baby. You'll be ok. I'll be home early tomorrow. I promise. We are leaving early in the morning and then you will be right back in my arms. I swear. You'll be alright.

"I wish you could come back earlier." I said, leaning my head against the wall and closing my eyes.

I wish I could too. I'll be back as early as I possibly can, ok baby?

"Ok, baby. I miss you." I said quietly.

I bet I know exactly what you're doing right now.

"And what's that?" I asked, opening the door to Buster's room.

Going into my room to get one of my shirts.

"Maybe. Maybe not." I said, smiling as I balanced the phone between my shoulder and my ear and looked through his closet.

You're so cute. Hey, I really hate to say bye but I have to go. I love you, princess. I'll see you soon.

"I love you too, Buster. I'll call you tomorrow." I said before hanging up the phone and pulling on his 2012 World Series champion shirt.

I walked back into my room and plugged my phone in before laying down and going to sleep, anxiously waiting for it to be morning.

___________________

Hey!! Double update whoop whoop! Hah. Um I'm really excited bc I'm going camping this weekend. I seriously love camping omg😂 Once again I wanted to thank you for reading my story!❤️ It seriously makes me so happy.