21- Meeting Madison

I laid my head back while I was holding Madison, shutting my eyes for a few seconds.

"...she might be sleeping. I'm not sure." Buster's hushed voice rang through the hospital room.

"There's the little champion." Hunter cheerily said.

"Hey guys." He had brought along Hunter, Joe, Bummy and Michael. Those were probably the four I was closest to on the team.

"Hey mommy." Michael said, causing me to smile. "How's baby Mads?"

"She's good. She's been sleeping for a while. You guys can hold her if you'd like."

"Let me see my twin baby." Bummy said, outstretching his arms.

"Make sure you keep her head elevated." I handed him Madison before sitting back on the bed, leaning my head on Buster's shoulder.

"She's so cute. She looks just like you." He said, smiling at me.

"I was hoping she'd look more like her daddy." I said, poking Buster's cheek.

"Let her favorite uncle hold her." Michael said, carefully taking her from Bummy.

"Actually I'm going to be her favorite uncle but whatever." Joe said, earning a small laugh from me.

"You guys are all wrong." Hunter said. "I picked out her first outfit. I'll be her favorite."

"What did you bring us anyways?" I asked, sitting up on the bed.

"So I grabbed a onesie that says 'newest giants fan' and a pair of black sweatpants and black booties. I also grabbed a little Giants beanie with a puffball on top. I thought it was cute so she has to wear it." He said, handing the bag to me.

"Thanks Hunter. You're the best." I said, hugging him quickly before taking the clothes out of the bag.

"Can I see her real quick?" I asked and Michael handed her to me.

I quickly changed her into her outfit, "Joe, would you like to hold her?"

"Of course. I want to see my little baby niece." He took her from my arms and smiled at her toothless grin.

"Seriously the cutest thing ever." I whispered to Buster.

He smiled down at me before looking back at the boys in the room.

_____________

"Are you sure you got it?" Buster asked as I unclipped Maddie's carrier from her carseat.

"Yes babe. I promise." I said, taking the carrier into my hands.

As we walked into the house it was eerily quiet. "I'm going to go put her in the crib."

I walked up the stairs and when I opened the door to the nursery, I saw all the boys standing there.

"Surprise." Crawford said, gesturing to the now finished room.

"You guys are the best." I said, hugging him. "I can't believe you finished it."

"Well, it's the least we could do after everything you've done for us." Belt added, smiling happily.

"Let me just put her down and then we can go hang out." I said, lifting the baby from the carseat.

I laid her in the crib before ushering all the boys out and quietly shutting the door. Once we got downstairs all the boys took a seat in the living room.

"She's seriously the cutest thing." Baby Giraffe said.

"She really is." Sergio added on.

"I really love you guys. I can't believe you finished the nursery for us." I said, wiping under my eyes.

"No no no. Don't cry." Timmy said, hugging me from the side.

"I'm all hormonal. Don't mind it."

And for the rest of the day, we just spent it talking about Maddie and just being around each other.