A stroll in the park ~ Chapter 3

Running down the stairs in a less orderly manner, Eden stumbled upon her sister and brother sitting by the table both childishly arguing about horse and ponies.

"Horse are just simply greater Clara" George stated shrugging his shoulders while Clara disagreed throwing a scowling look his way. "Ahh we shall ask Eden ?" the woman's head span around to her name. "Yes, we shall Eden which do you prefer more ponies or horses ?" Clara now turned in her chair. "No the question was which one is greater horses or ponies" he made a smug smile at the 17-year-old girl in front of him. "Hmm, what a hard question however will I make a choice ? " Eden swayed into the kitchen area. "I would have to go with owls they are simply better being able to rotate their head 360 with sharp talons, night vision, and can fly" the woman shrugged her shoulders. "That wasn't the question" Clara huffed, turning back around in her seat. "I know but how could I simply pick between the two of you" Eden put a fake thrown on sitting beside Clara secretly pointing to George and mouthing "you" to which he smirked and Clara's eyes rolled.

"George, Eden, where did the two of you rush off to last night ?" Gerard came into the kitchen his tone sharp as he fixed his cuffs on his shirt. "I didn't even hear a word from you, it seems as if you tried to escape me and the party which would be incredibly stupid due to it being the opening season event the perfect place for you to find a suitor" Gerard finished quickly turning his head to Eden who sat avoiding her older brothers gaze. "No not at all brother me and George simply went home early I felt tired and George felt a cold coming on" Eden lied with a harsh unconvincing smile on her face. Gerard's gaze averted from Eden to George who then performed the worst attempt at a cough, "so ever choked up brother you know how I get when the flowers start to bloom and the bees start buzzing." George said rubbing his chest pulling a pout. "Yes very believable I'll make sure the nurse brings up some cough syrup you know the one which we got as children and I'll make sure you take it to heal such a sore throat which may have ruined your sister's chances at a suitor" the eldest Walseworth give the man a insincere smile his gaze now returned to Eden.

"I don't think that you've taken your season seriously Eden there are no suitors here at all and I doubt that will be since you left mid-way through the event that you've missed for the past six seasons you cannot have any more time Aunt Polly can only have so much patience with your laziness and independence" he added air quotations to the last word making sure she knew his thoughts about her behaviour. "Surely she shall get sick of your independence too" Eden copied her brother's actions who was sitting at the head of the table. "I'm a man I may marry whenever I please the same with George and Clara well Clara has yet to come of age, but I assure you when she does she will be courted in her first season" Eden could see the smile on her sister lips opposite to her. "You need to be realistic Eden for once in your life" her brother now finished berating her, a common thing that occurred during the seasons even when she missed them he still had words to say.

The four sat in silence for moment the heavy linger of their unspoken issues thick in the air. After all they were just siblings. "Anyway, on a more positive note, I think we shall have a family outing to the park" George chimed in trying to defuse the tension and then slurping his tea to which Clara kicked him under the table "manners". "Yes, let's my schedule is free, it also may give the ton a chance to actual see Eden " her brother shot another glare at the woman.

"Well isn't this refreshing" Clara stepped out a smile on her face looking up at the trees which lined the walk so perfectly.
"What you being out with us ?" George added leaving Clara to send a harsh glare her brothers way.

Eden did feel bad for her sister not yet being of age she wasn't allowed to attend most seasonal balls which she so loved this usually left her in the house with just Aunt Polly or in recent cases Lizzie and the other staff, but Eden did feel a light tinge of jealous of her younger sister she could enjoy the packed crowds the bright lights and hysteric laughter of those around.
Whereas Eden disliked it all which was a large problem.