A moments peace ~ Chapter 19

The first thing Eden heard was the loud cough of Anthony Bridgerton. Looking up, she saw the amused face of Benedict and the confused face of Anthony. "I am- I am very sorry I shall leave." Eden's face went red at the sight of Benedict, quickly she began to turn around.

The door opened back up and Daphne stormed in. "Eden lovely to see you" Daphne smiled quickly before turning to her brother. "You too, Daphne" Eden stopped greeting the woman.
"Sister, you're late," Anthony remarked, his voice rather cold for his sister. "Well, in truth, I was delayed by doubts about whether the festive of this day might or might not take place," Daphne spoke staring at her brother's reflection. "Does the Duchess not care for your bride, brother  ?" Benedict gasped jokingly. "I find Miss Edwina to be quite lovely and deserving of the truth," Daphne spoke again, a meaning behind her words in which Eden could not find. Eden confused eyes looked to Benedict, who was already looking at her. The blush in her cheeks reappeared again, her memory betraying her all too well.

"Which we must not deny her" Daphne's words seem to make Anthony agitated as he fondled his perfect cuffs once more. Eden's attention was brought back to Benedict, who let out a nervous laugh. "I'm confused. Who is denying what to whom ?" Benedict looked between the three, seeming just as confused as Eden. "Benedict, you must excuse us, the Duchess has opinions." Anthony shooed away his brother. "But I wished to know" Benedict whined at his brother's request.
"The best man listens to the groom. Go." Anthony commanded, and he reluctantly listened. "Come on, Miss Walseworth." Benedict walked toward the woman signalling to the door. "I should have departed a long time ago, "Eden admitted, walking beside the man.

The two stood outside Eden's arm and chest, still wet. The two turned to walk away, but Benedict stopped, noticing Eden's state."Your" Benedict pointed to her chest. "Yes, I know that's what I was searching for." Eden looked at her body. "You found me instead ?" Benedict questioned her. "They are many rooms that look very similar, this one happened to be unguarded" Eden explained, and yet he still stood his eyebrow raised in fake suspicion. "I was not trying to find you, trust me I have already seen enough of you" Eden blurted out, her hands now resting on her hips. "What ?" The man questioned the woman who stood in front of him and to his dismay, she looked away instead of answering. "Here," he gave her his Handkerchief. She took it, muttering a small thank you to the man. Wiping down her chest, she could feel Benedict's eyes on her as she looked up, she was correct. His gaze decided to linger for a few moments, taking in the woman before him.
She looked back at the handkerchief, recognizing it as the one he had so kindly offered her before. She held the cloth in her hands, unsure of what to do.

"I shall know who to come to if I ever need a handkerchief." Eden absently spoke, trying to break the silence. "I shall remember to bring one for when you spill juice all over yourself." He added to her simple words. "It was not of my own doing this time" She gave the cloth back, and he gently tucked it in his pocket, he still stared at the woman, noticing the wet patch on her dress. "I'll believe that when I see it here." He took the flower out of his pocket. "Have you got a spare pin in that pretty hair of yours, Miss Walseworth ?" he asked, standing closer to her. "Pretty," Eden thought to herself.
"Umm." She grabbed one from the front two stands of hair falling down on either side of her face. He took the small pin from her hands and stabbed the flower, placing it on the front of her dress, covering up the mark. Eden's cheeks began to heat up at the feeling of his hands so close to her. Benedict paused for a moment. "Thank you" Eden broke the silence.
"You're welcome." but he stayed there and gently brushed his thumb over the flower. Benedict's breathing became shallower, and his neck grew warmer. His eyes rested on her blushed face, which was looking at his still hand. Slowly looking up, Eden's eyes became soft, and her jaw slackened, the view in front of her seemed heavenly. The specs of green which blessed the man's eyes never looked beautiful, the light dust freckles that lined his cheeks faded into the growing blush. He brought his hand up, the red gem of his signet ring being clear out of the side of Eden's eyes.