Envy all around ~ Chapter 14

The sweet bids of goodbye spread around the Bridgerton estate, the young ladies of the ton saying goodbye to their suitors while the mothers kissed each other on the cheek hoping to meet again a bitter face on either face. Eden searched the crowd, spotting her brother and only one.

"Gerard" Eden smiled, a happy glow still filling her face from the previous evening she had spent with Edward. "Eden, Good morning, the carriage is waiting for us up front." Gerard greeted his sister before checking his pocket watch by habit.

"Where is George?" Eden questioned the sudden disappearance of her younger brother."He had to retreat earlier this morning, his class started at 7 am" Gerard informed looking around and scanning the shrinking crowd.
"Class ?" Eden asked her brother. George was 22 years old his studies were over, and he had mentioned nothing to her about attending university, Eden thought.

"He's attending the royal Academy school as a student of classical English, whatever he seems to do there he enjoys and must be good at as he was accepted." Gerard huffed, but anyone could see the slight glint of proudness in his eyes.
"Oh, I didn't know" a slight frown fell upon Eden's face and Gerard could see. "None of us did, he hid it from us all" Gerard tried to comfort his sister to the best of his ability.

"Are you ready to leave ?" Gerard quickly asked, noticing the crowd now became smaller, with only two other families remaining. "Yes, I need to bid the Bridgertons goodbye, and thank them for allowing me to stay," Eden informed Gerard, hurrying off back to the front of the manor. Arriving back at the large front doors, Eden's sight landed on Violet.
"I would just like to thank you for your kindness over the weekend and for allowing me to be part of such a wonderful event, it's the first time I've truly felt back home" Eden smiled, embracing Violet in a hug.

"No worries my dear, you are always welcome in our home and family" Violets sweetly smiled back at the young woman "Have you seen Anthony, I wish also to bid him goodbye" Eden asked the woman in front of her. "He just behind you dear" Violet pointed behind her. "Thank you again" Eden bid her goodbye, quickly walking to the man whose back faced her.

Before she could call out his name, Anthony bent to one knee and Eden immediately stood aside. "Miss Edwina Sharma, will you marry me ?" Anthony asked everyone who had waited all weekend. Edwina's face rose with joy while Eden saw Kate's fall, her brows furrowed with sadness. "Yes, yes I shall be your viscountess, I shall marry you" Edwina smiled her brightest smile.

Eden looked up, and her eyes fell on his face a soft smile was on his lip and his eyes twinkled at his brother's proposal believing his brother was finally happy. Eden felt the small flutter in her chest beginning to bloom again, but now the kind smile of Edward and his sweet eyes flashed in her mind, making her stomach full of guilt. His eyes caught hers and his face changed, his soft smile dropped and his bright eyes harden at the sight of her. But his gaze remained, his emotionless eyes not leaving hers.

Does he really hate me this much? The loud thought flooded Eden's head, she swiftly turned her sight to where her brother once stood, his black jacket now a blur. Eden followed her brother's direction until she stood outside their carriage.

"What was that ?" Eden questioned climbing into the carriage and adjusting her dress before sitting down. "What was what ?" Gerard's stern eyes avoided his sister's. "That the storming away." Eden pointed outside the carriage. "I didn't storm away" Gerard defend himself "Yes, you did, I've never seen you move so fast in the entirety of my life." Eden laughed at her brother's childishness. "I did not storm, I just don't like proposals or big acts of love for that matter" Gerard loudly muttered looking out the window. "You don't like big acts of love..." Eden's small laughter quickly stopped, her eyes scanning her brother's frowning face. The diamond ball. The races. The afternoon tea. Yesterday's ball.