I'm still here ~ Chapter 22

"Eden" Lizzie called, knocking on the woman's door.

"Eden" She called again.

"Yes, come in" the groggy voice of Eden's replied.

"It's 8:30" Lizzie walked in quickly placing down her tray and searching the woman's wardrobe, a frequent thing she's done.

"Hmm" Eden hummed into her pillow.

"That means you need to get up" Lizzie spoke, grabbing a pillow and throwing at the brunettes head.

"Yes" Eden pulled herself up.

"What do you want to wear ?" Lizzie searched the wardrobes.

"Urmm whatever you think is best" the woman rubbed her eyes.

"The blue looks nice, butt the peach is really taking a liking of mine." Lizzie held the gowns in her chest.

"Hmm" was all Eden answered.

"What about tonight ?" Lizzie took the blue gown, laying it out.

"Tonight ?" Eden's eyes were barely open.

"Ah silly me, the Bridgertons are hosting a ball" Lizzie walked back over to the closet.

"Your brother received an invitation early hour this morning." Lizzie informed, but her mind was else where.

"Oh" was all Eden could say.

A few days passed since Benedict's visit in the night.

Eden tried to push their interaction to the back of her mind, but it always resurfaced anytime she wasn't distracting herself.

"Do you think Miss Kate Sharma will be there" Lizzie interrupted Eden's thoughts.

"I believe so, why ?" Eden sat up in her bed.

"Well, she set to travel home in a few days. I believe it's to avoid scandal, but." Lizzie stopped.

"Isn't it sad" she turned to her friend, walking over to where she sat.

"What ?" Eden stared at the woman in front of her.

"They clearly love each other from what George has described to me, and yet they can't be together." Lizzie began placing Eden's tea on her bedside, leaving the woman to remain quiet on the subject.

"I don't think I'll be in attendance tonight, I can feel a fever come along." Eden grabbed the tea from beside her.

There was a pause between the two.

"Okay, I'll inform your brother." Lizzie stood back, staring at her friend.

"Thank you" Eden smiled, taking a drink from her tea.

Lizzie left, closing Eden's door behind her, a bundle full of cups and plates filled with cakes and biscuits on her tray.

The lean blonde walked down the sage corridor, her hip supporting the tray.