A Walseworth reunion ~ Chapter 6

"I do hope Aunt Polly has brought me something back" Clara beamed holding her dress in her hands as she walked up the steps to the Walseworth manor.

"I'm sure she will, you are her favorite after all" George spoke, stating the blatant favoritism their Aunt has towards Clara. "And rightly so, Clara wants to help the family instead of relaxing and watching his life go by trying to be the next prominent author of the century while emptying multiple bottles of whisky or sitting back and hoping to grow up old and alone like our dear soon to be spinster of a sister" Gerard turned smiling before entering their house the other two Walseworth not too far behind.

"I'm more a wine person myself" George huffed, leaving Eden to giggle at his remark. "Elizabeth go and make tea for my returning nieces and nephews" Eden could already hear the dull voice of her Aunts from the hallway.

"We have already returned" Clara burst into the living room, quickly walking over to their Aunt and embracing her. "My Clara, how I've missed you" The old woman smiled at the girl who was now seated beside her.

"I've missed you too Aunt Polly it's been dreadfully boring in the house alone while my siblings have gone out gallivanting" Clara returned the sentiment of her aunt's, their close relationship was something that was always there ever since Aunt Polly agreed to take in the Walseworth siblings.

"I doubt I'd call it gallivanting, we have been attending the season's events" George added, throwing himself on the closest armchair. "Have the season events been well eventful ?" Aunt Polly's demeanor changed largely, her eyes now focused on George and Eden.

"Yes, they have been Eden would you like to tell Aunt Polly" Gerard answered urging his sister to tell their Aunt some good news finally. "Yes umm, I've met a man his name is Edward Colton he is a lord to inherit the title of viscount" Eden fiddled with her gloves while telling her Aunt.

She felt the disgusting feeling creeping up her body only reeling up the information her Aunt wanted which was the man's title and wealth. It wasn't that Eden was scared of her Aunt Polly it was rather she was intimated by the woman.

Eden was intimidated by her disapproving frown anytime she did anything. The harsh words she would receive the only person being free of them was Clara. But Eden, Gerard and George had to deal with them and although George wasn't too affected Eden was. Some words stuck with her.

"Well finally" The elder woman dismissed the young woman in front of her turning her attention back to Clara. While the two talked, Eden took a seat beside George, still playing with her gloves.

Although Eden couldn't see it, Gerard's eyes found his sister slight hunched body trying to hide herself. His jaw often tensed with a slight mix of worry, anger, and sadness at the way their Aunt treated Eden.

"Here you go my Lord" Gerard was dragged out of his thoughts by Lizzie handing him a cup of freshly brewed tea. "Thank you" He smiled, taking the cup from the maid's hand. George lifted from his slouched position, sitting up eagerly to accept the cup from the blonde woman. "Thank you, Lizzie" he smiled at the maid who returned his smile, the moment lasted for a few seconds.

But hearing the excited words of George's voice Polly attention was dragged on to the pair "George have you forgotten your place while I was away, you will refer to her as Elizabeth or is that not her name ?" the matriarch asked the man sitting across from her who refuse to make eye contact with the elderly woman. "It is Ma'am" Lizzie answered the question herself.

"I wasn't asking you, girl I was asking the boy who has to seem to forget his title and his self respect "she spat, leaving Lizzie to continue handing out the tea in silence before quickly leaving the room.