The eldest issue ~ Chapter 18

London, England 1814

Peacefulness, the air was thick with it. It had been all day.
Eden could hear the carriage riding past from outside and the quiet burning of the logs, she was able to get to change early and sit downstairs in her nightwear. But she could also hear her thoughts.

"EEEEEEEE" a loud squeal was heard, shortly followed by heavy rushed footsteps. "Oh my, I can't believe it" Eden sighed and stood up to face her jumping sister. "What is it ?" Eden questioned her sister's exciting mood. "The Bridgertons" She replied, spinning until she fell on the sofa "The Bridgertons ?" Eden's mind went to one automatically. "Yes, the Bridgertons the wedding ?" Clara handed her sister the sheet, allowing her eyes to scan the words. "Oh, the wedding." Eden smiled, forgetting about the happy event. "The palace could you think of anything greater, just imagine your wedding at the palace, the royal palace." Eden stared down at her sister, who continued blabbering on about the palace. "Seems like it's going to be a nice day" Eden smiled at her sister, returning to her seat. "A nice day? Eden, it will be a spectacular day the queen will be present and all ladies and lords across the lands will come just to see Anthony and Edwina." Clara explained to her unbothered sister.

"If my wedding was at the royal palace, I believe I would simply combust into excitement marrying a prince and having the queen watch, I couldn't think of anything wonderful." Clara fell back once more, squealing. "Who said you were to marry a prince ?" Eden side-eyed her sister. "It's my imagination, don't question it" Clara defended herself. "Where will you and Edward get married ?" Clara asked Eden absent-mindedly. A silence spread across the room. "Umm, I'd like to get married somewhere small but nice something simple but beautiful, and lots of flowers" Eden answered her sister's question. "Seems nice and poor" Clara spoke before getting hit in the face with a pillow. "Shouldn't you be heading back to bed?" Eden questioned her sister. "I don't think I can, I'm too excited to see Miss Sharma's dress, how do you think it will look? Wait, have you seen it, I know you are always at the Bridgertons." Clara stood up, rushing over to Eden. "I am not always at the Bridgertons." Eden moved away from her sister.
"You're always around one," Clara argued, following her. "I am not" Eden moved further away. "How do you think Anthony will look? Is Colin or Benedict his best man? What suits are they wearing? Who do you think will look the best? I think Anthony, but maybe Benedict because" Clara was cut off by her sister. "Clara, let's go to bed." Eden began walking to her room. "Fine." Her sister agreed, following her close behind.
"Where is Gerard ?" Clara asked. "I believe he's at the gentlemen club drinking and smoking, probably," Eden answered. "What about George ?" Clara was now standing beside her door, looking to her feet. "I don't know" Eden answered. "Lizzie ?" Clara looked at her sister. "It's her night off" Eden let a small smile show to her sister. "Goodnight Clara" Eden walked into her room and immediately went to bed.

"Eden" The young woman stirred in her sleep. "Eden" A louder whisper was heard. "Eden" her body was now shaken. "What?" She murmured, still half asleep. "It's Gerard" The hushed voice spoke. "What about him ?" She rubbed her eyes and managed to make out the face of George. "He's downstairs drunk" George informed. "Alright" Eden gives a small smile to her brother before turning around and dragging her quilt back up. "He wants to speak to you" George huffed standing up and walking to the door allowing Eden to drag herself out of bed.
"What does he need ?" Eden asked George, shuffling behind him.

"Eden" Her name was said with joy. "Brother" Eden yawned.
"Did you know I saw George with Elizabeth?" Gerard hugged his younger brother, who stood slightly red in the face. "Was he" Eden groggily smiled. "Yes, young love that is, well that is a beautiful thing you-you and Lizzie make a beautiful pair." Gerard pointed to his brother, who just folded his hands.
"Love is ohh it's magnificent, Eden is lucky to have love" The man smiled at his sister, and her shoulders tensed at the mention of the word "love". "But it can hurt. Hurt so much you have to drink your sorrows" Gerard continued to speak. "I'm going to retire for the night." George crept out of the room.