A game of emotions ~ Chapter 8

The word fun is often associated with weddings, balls, and maybe even funerals depending on how much you hated the person. But Eden Walseworth is having the opposite of that, currently traveling alone for two hours to join the Bridgerton family at their yearly visit to Albury hall. Begged by Eloise and the constant pestering of Daphnes' letters persistent that she must join them for old time's sake convinced her enough to go.

That and Aunt Polly was still at home.

Hearing the distinct voices of the Bridgerton clan, Eden sucked up enough courage to enter the room. "Oh, come and see the baby Eloise" Hyacinth's sweet voice could be heard calling out to her sister.

"Why ? Has he changed since the last time I saw him ?" Eloise's unbothered tone made Eden giggle. "I certainly think he has" Eden entered the room cooing at Auggie before holding her hands out to hold him, "He's grown at least an inch or two, do you not think ?" Eden rocked him, smiling at the little boy. "Good to see you again, Miss Walseworth, even on the moment of you stealing my child out of my arms." Daphne grinned.

"How could I not look at his smile, the famous Bridgerton smile" Eden adored other children because she was always able to hand them back when they got naggy or tempered. She looked up to see Colin grinning then Benedict beside him who was subtly scowling.

"Do not mind your Auntie Eloise, she is simply too busy with her fantastic books." Eden cooed once more at Auggie before sending a warm smile to Eloise. "And to notice anything else as usual." Colin scoffed. "Is it not nap time yet? Perhaps Uncle Colin may tell you one of the ever so exciting and gripping stories of his travels" Eloise grinned.

Eden held the small boy in her arms cooing and making face at him the woman had missed a lot with her family being away from society for so long she missed seeing Daphne her childhood friend fall in love and be pregnant she missed seeing Eloise grow into the independent and strong sensed woman she is now she missed many things so being able to hold just piece of those missed six years just for a short while felt nice Eden wanted to savour it as she stared at the little boy.

"Yes it is nap time actually." Daphne gleamed to which a nanny came and took Auggie from Eden's arms much to her dismay the warm and bubbly feeling of Auggie in her arms had quickly gone and when Eden turned to face the family once more she felt the soft eyes of Benedict on her his subtle scowl gone and replaced with a slacker jaw his eyebrows slightly knotted.

"I seem to be missing the peace of quiet from the Greek isles already" Colin sighed, sitting down opposite his sister Eden followed his lead but she took a seat beside the young brunette peering over at her book.

"Enjoying your brief respite from the furious packs of marriage-minded young ladies' brother ?" Daphne joked, her eldest brother looking toward her.  "Quite the opposite sister" Anthony admitted, staring around the room."I have invited one such young lady and her family to join us today" Anthony announced.

Daphne's gaze quickly turned to Eden who sat beside Eloise, her eyes signaling a question, to which Eden shook her head and mouthed a large no. "You've invited a young lady to Aubrey hall ?" Daphne seemed skeptical of her brother. "Yes, and she is quite lovely" Anthony muttered.

"What are you doing here ?" Eden's attention was dragged to the voice behind her. "Visiting your family home" she answered looking away from the man. "Hmm, and who invited you ?" he asked, leaning over the back of the sofa his voice low and his mouth incredibly close to her ear.

"Your two sisters, your mother and well your older brother it seems that your family loves me more than you" a small snicker was heard from Eloise as Eden smoothed out her dress, turning to Benedict and smiling. His eyes narrowed quickly before opening back up the specs of green in his blue eyes being clear as he allowed the corner of his lip to curve, creating an adoring lopsided grin. Eden stared back, her eyes opening slightly wider than before leaving a sudden change in her pupil size.