Blurry Secrets ~ Chapter 10

Blue and bluer.

The walls of her temporary room were made up of signature Bridgerton colours, and the manor's interior pallet which made guests stand out. Eden sat on her bed, examining the room around her, her hair still damp from the last hours.

Her dry gown laid beside her, the white gown with small green flowers all so visible out the corner of her eye, she began to shiver still in her clothes which had been soaked from the sudden downpour of rain. 

She didn't want to get changed. She wanted to remain in that spot, her mind blank and her body still.

"Eden" a loud call of her name was heard from behind the door."It's Hyacinth, may I come in" The young girl shouted, her excitement could be heard. "Yes, you may" Eden answered, standing up and grabbing the simple gown. "I was thinking that maybe-" Hyacinth stopped talking, looking at Eden's gown. "Your wet ?" Hycithnia observed the moving woman.

"Yes, I was caught in the rain beating your brother at pall mall" Eden quickly replied going into the next room giving a quick smile to the girl before shutting the door. "But the others came in hours ago ?" Hycithnia shouted, making sure Eden could hear her. "Yes, well, you know" Eden spoke trying to remove the dampened dress. "Your brother, he is very competitive" she finished pulling the gown off over her head. "Oh, you played with Antony" Eden's eyebrows furrowed at the young girl's words. "No, I played with Benedict" Eden answered back hesitantly.

The young girl was silent, no sound was heard from the other side. Eden walked out in her changed dress. Hycithnia stood up and clapped at the woman. "Oh, Eden, you look spectacular." the young girl grinned. "You're too kind Hycithnia" Eden blushed, a cheesy smile forming on her face.

"Hycithnia" the voice was followed by loud footsteps. "There's a deer in the garden alone" Gregory came rushing in. "Alone ?" Hycithnia questioned. "Yes alone, you must hurry before it leaves" Gregory left just as quickly as he came. Hycithnia turned to Eden, her eyes looking for a signal.

"Quick go" Eden smiled, shooing the girl playfully. She grinned, leaving before quickly returning and giving Eden a breathtaking hug before letting go and leaving once more.

Eden grabbed a book and planned to sit outside and read, but as she left her room, she caught the eye of Colin Bridgerton.
"Eden" Colin called the woman who tried to quickly escape unnoticed."Colin" she turned around, placing on a smile.
"Where are you off to ?" Colin questioned. "I was simply going to go outside read " Eden answered, raising her book up near Colin's face.

"Alone ?" Colin's raised his eyebrow."Yes, alone" Eden nodded her head a forced smile on her face . "Come and read in the library with me" Colin grabbed the woman's book, walking off to the library. "Fine" Eden gritted her teeth, not really being able to refuse having had her book kidnapped.

Walking into the library huffing, Eden was unable to notice the Bridgerton who had so coldly left her earlier. Glancing up, she was caught with a sense of warmth filling her cheeks, which went unnoticed by herself.

"If it is to clear your mind you wish to seek, brother, I may know how to help ?" Colin spoke, making his brother glance up from his book. Eden's eyebrows raised in suspicion at Colin's words, but she would stay in order to get her book back.

The man sat down in front of his brother, placing Eden's book on the table, making her inch closer in order to grab it and leave.

"World travellers use it as a way to open their minds and transcend away from ordinary anxieties." Colin pulled a small brown bag out of his suit jacket, placing it on the table. Now, this sparked Eden's interest. Benedict grabbed the bag, sniffing the insides before quickly pulling away, his face scrunched. "Smells rather foul" Colin added a smirk on his lips. Eden sat down, Benedict quickly glancing at her, catching her eye before looking away and back at his brother.