Chapter 15: No Way Out

THE NEXT DAY...

"Lou, did Harry call you last night?"

"What? Why? I thought he went to stay at Niall's house?" Louis replies.

"I told him to call me as soon as he gets there, but he hasn't called me yet," Zayn says, pacing in Louis' room. "Oh, this is bad. This is so bad, Louis. F***."

"Calm down. Just call Niall and ask him if Harry's there. I'm sure he's fine."

"Sorry for some bad news, but he didn't come over last night," Niall answers as he walks into the room, nearly giving Louis a heart attack. I mean, the blond gave no such warning when he just entered the room, without even knocking. Who does that?!

With a hand on his chest and the heart monitor beside him beeping loudly, Louis curses under his breath and tries to calm himself down. Eleanor shushes him and pets his hair, hoping he'll be calm enough.

"Geez, Horan. You almost gave me a freaking heart attack! Don't you knock?!"

"Sorry, mate. I came in as soon as I could. I'm worried about Harry too, you know, and he really didn't come over last night."

"Okay. So, clearly something bad happened to him," Zayn concludes warily.

"Let's not think like that," Eleanor argues lightly. "I mean, have any of you tried calling him and asking him why he didn't go to Niall's flat last night? Maybe he had to work and was too exhausted to leave, so he fell asleep and forgot to call you."

Shaking his head, Louis says, "But that doesn't sound like Harry, El. He always calls back when we ask him to."

"You know what? I'll just call him now."

"Good idea, Z. Then we'll know if we actually need to worry about him or not," Niall agrees.

They wait as Zayn dials Harry's number and puts it on speakerphone so they can all listen. But after it rings three times, it goes to voicemail, where they hear Harry's recorded voice telling them to leave a message. Zayn sighs and decides he might as well leave one just in case Harry really is sleeping (Which, he is, but they don't know that).

"Hey, Harry. Um, we know you couldn't make it to Niall's last night, but please call me back so we know you're okay," he says into his phone, then hangs up.

"Well, that sucks. Why didn't he pick up?" Louis demands.

"Maybe I can go over to his house and see what's up," Niall suggests, standing up from the chair he's been sitting on.

"And if he's actually there and too lazy to pick up his phone, kick his arse for us, yeah?"

"Sure, Lou," the Irish lad replies with a chuckle, before he heads out.

After he leaves, Zayn starts to pace again, getting even more worried about Harry. Louis raises an eyebrow at him, silently demanding why Zayn is panicking again, when Niall's about to check on their friend.

"Malik, you're making me dizzy. Sit down and tell us why you're even more anxious."

"You don't get it, Lou. I really think something bad happened to Harry. We all know he always answers his phone and — "

"I'm sure he's fine, guys. Niall will check on him, then he'll let us know Harry's okay."

"But El, what if you're wrong? What if something actually happened to Har- Great. I sound just like Harry did yesterday when he was worrying about Niall. He really does rub off on you, doesn't he?" Zayn says with a groan. "That wanker's got me panicking like him."