Chapter 20: The End of What Could Have Been

"That's Liam's house over there, right?"

"Yeah. I'm not sure if they're still here though," Jade answers Eleanor as she parks on the driveway. "I don't see his car, but who knows?"

"Should we check Harry's house first?" Perrie asks.

"I could check Liam's house by myself. You both can check Harry's, then we'll meet back here, yeah?"

"Are you sure? We can go with you," Eleanor says with worry.

They all know somewhat of what Liam's capable of, so she doesn't want to risk Jade getting hurt too. She did betray Liam by helping them out instead, so Eleanor has no problem having her back when it comes to this. Perrie doesn't argue with that either, since they both silently agreed earlier that they'd be there for Jade before they left the hospital.

"I'll be fine. Of the three of us, I know Liam best. He's my brother and I wanna try stopping him if it's not too late."

"Just yell if you need our help. We'll check Harry's house quickly."

"Sure. See ya in a bit," Jade concludes with a smile before she heads to Liam's house.

Eleanor and Perrie watch from the car as Jade cautiously checks the windows of Liam's house, not seeing anyone in there. She tries the door and is surprised to see that it's already unlocked. Before she goes inside, she salutes to the other girls and nods to Harry's house to signal them to go ahead.

Complying, Eleanor and Perrie head to Harry's house, also finding the front door unlocked. They look at each other in confusion, then slowly push the door open and peak inside before entering.

"Harry? Are you here?"

"Liam, if you're here,... we have guns. So, don't try anything," Perrie adds nervously.

"What? No, we don't!" Eleanor argues a bit too loudly.

"Shh! We don't want him to hear us. What if he comes out of nowhere and attacks us? It'll be all your fault! You'll have to explain that to Louis and Zayn!"

"Oh my gosh. Just hush then."

When they stop arguing, they spilt up and look around the house cautiously. Eleanor heads into the living room, and is grateful that she doesn't see a dead body or something. She doesn't know exactly what to expect, but you never know. There are some broken pieces of what seems to be a vase, which she assumes is the one Liam used to hit Niall with. She can see some blood stains on the broken pieces and on the floor, making her feel sick and look away quickly.

"I just see a broken vase with some blood," she calls out to Perrie, who is in the kitchen.

"Nothing here. Just a very neat kitchen with what looks to be some moudly food in the fridge - Yuck," the blonde replies with a grimace.

"Why are you looking in the fridge?!"

"Call me weird, but I got hungry, okay? Being stressed makes me hungry."

"Focus, Perrie!"

"Yeah, yeah. Right after I find something that isn't expired to eat - Ooh! I found a granola bar!"

"In the fridge?"

"No," Perrie responds and peaks her head out of the kitchen to give Eleanor a look. "I found it in a cupboard. Who puts granola bars in the fridge? Wait. Are you supposed to do that? 'Cause I don't do that."

Rolling her eyes, Eleanor heads to the kitchen to find Perrie already munching on the granola bar. "No, you're not supposed to. Can you stop eating and focus - Is there another one?"