Chapter 19: Is It Too Late?

"Oh, come on. He can't just have hung up on you like that. Call him again!"

"Louis, I already tried calling him a bunch of times!" Zayn nearly shouts back, getting irritated at Louis' demands. "He hasn't picked up his phone, and I doubt he will! I heard Liam's voice on the other end, so he probably took Harry's phone or something."

"That shouldn't matter now. The important thing is to find out where Harry is," Eleanor declares before Louis can argue.

"And as I've been telling all of you, he's at Liam's house. I swear that's what Liam said."

Groaning in annoyance, Louis looks at her sharply. "It's hard for us to believe anything you say when we know you worked for Liam! We don't know if we can really trust you! What if this is a trap?

"It's not! I swear to you it's not. I haven't spoken to Liam since yesterday."

"For all we know, you could've still contacted him somehow."

"Why don't we just check if they're really at Liam's house then? Perrie and I can go with Jade."

"El, would you stop trying to put yourself in danger? I won't have you getting hurt too! Zayn, Niall, and I already are, and trust me when I say this – It sucks."

"Oh, I know. You haven't stopped complaining about it," she counters.

Jade stands up then, making everyone look at her. "If you don't believe me, then fine. I'll call Liam right now and ask him where Harry is. You'll all be able to hear that he really did take Harry there. Then we can go check for ourselves and possibly save Harry."

"Fine. But if this is a trap, then – "

"It's not," she snaps back at Louis, who rolls his eyes at her. She dials Liam's number, then waits for him to answer as she puts it on speakerphone.

"Why hello, Jade. How is it at the hospital with your new friends?"

"Liam, we know you have Harry. Just let him go and we won't make things complicated for you."

"Not a chance. But I do see that you've decided to take their side," Liam replies easily, giving Harry a pointed look to keep him from suddenly speaking. "It's quite upsetting, Jade. I thought you'd always have my back. I thought we were like siblings."

"That was before you did all this, Liam. You've gone too far."

He scoffs at her, then says, "Like you know how I feel. And besides, Harry is just fine. We've been having a serious chat about things, though."

"About what?"

"Oh, you know... Just some important stuff. But don't you worry. He'll be sure to let the rest of you know what I mean. I know his friends can hear me anyway. And I have no problem with that."

"Let Harry go, Liam!" Louis shouts angrily.

"Actually, there'd be no point in letting him go. Especially since he chose to stay with me."

"What the hell are you talking about? There's no way he'd do that!"

"You're lying!" Niall adds.

Liam chuckles, then beckons Harry over so he's sitting on Liam's lap and can talk into the phone. "Oh, I wouldn't be so sure, lads. But why don't I just let Harry explain things to all of you? Maybe you'll believe him, and we can all move on with our lives."

"I swear to you, Liam, if you're making him do this – "

"Let him talk. Harry?"

"H- Hi, boys," the curly-haired lad starts, voice soft and shaky. Liam rubs his arms soothingly and kisses his shoulder to calm him down.