Chapter 23: A Chance to Make it Right

Chapter 23: A Chance to Make It Right

5 MONTHS LATER...

"Ugh."

"Harry? You okay?" Jade asks sweetly, rubbing his back when he takes a seat beside her.

"No. Gemma still hasn't called me. It's been five months, Jade. Her boyfriend still hasn't found Liam," he complains, lying down with his head on Zayn's lap.

"I'm sure he's trying his best. Liam really doesn't want to be found, I guess."

"Then how am I supposed to tell him how I feel? Why does he have to be so complicated? Why can't he just let me love him?"

Louis snorts at that, still keeping his eyes on the television as he's playing FIFA with Niall. "He's not a puppy, Harold. And he's probably busy and doesn't want to be bothered. He thought he was doing this to make you happy, right? But anyway, I told you he was trouble, yet you still fell for him."

"Hush, Lou. You already accepted his feelings for Liam," Eleanor scolds him.

"I'm still trying to 'accept' it. It's hard to fully accept that when he wants nothing to do with Harry and his 'love'."

"You're mean. It's been five months since you've been saying that," Harry whines, covering his eyes by putting his arm over his face. "Why can't Liam love me anymore? Why did he have to leave me? Am I not lovable? Am I not worth it? That's probably it. Who am I kidding? I don't deserve Liam loving me back. I'm so unworthy. Why me?!"

"F***ing hell, Harry!" Louis complains when Harry's whining makes him miss the goal in the game.

"I just wanna be loved!"

"Oh my god - Harry, get a hold of yourself!" Niall exclaims, pausing the game and glaring at the curly-haired lad with Louis. "Do you think Liam will 'love' you if you're being like this?"

"Niall!" Jade scolds him, petting Harry's arm.

Harry sniffles and pouts before he gets up from the couch to go upstairs to his bedroom. They hear the door slam shut and sigh as they give Niall a disapproving look. He puts his hands up in defense and decides to blame the other blue-eyed lad beside him.

"Louis started it!"

"You're the one who said that! It clearly hurt his feelings!"

"But you started yelling at him first!"

"Enough! Someone needs to go check on Harry before he does something he regrets," Zayn interrupts.

Eleanor gets up from the floor and heads towards the stairs. "I'll go talk to him then. Louis, Niall - think about what you've done to Harry. You should be trying to make him happy; not even more upset."

"She's right, you know. We need to keep being positive for Harry's sake," Jade adds.

"But what if Gemma's boyfriend really can't find Liam?"

"All the more reason to be positive and help Harry," Perrie says to Louis, who huffs back. "We just need to be there for him. We're his friends."

"Fine. But if he keeps whining like that, I'll set him up with someone new and better," Louis declares.

"No, you won't, because Harry only wants Liam. We need to support that. And you really need to get over your hatred of Liam. I'm sure Harry knows you still hate his potential boyfriend."

Scoffing at that, Louis looks at Jade as he says, "Jade, darling, if Liam started off on a better foot and wasn't all creepy and a stalker of all things, then we wouldn't have to worry so much about me approving their relationship. This one's all Liam's fault, and we know it."