Chapter 3: Who is Liam Payne?

*This chapter is dedicated to @Shardaya12 to show my appreciation for leaving all those comments in the other chapters of this story already. I hope you like this chapter too and the rest of the story, lovely! Thanks again! Love the feedbacks/comments! :)

And for rest of my readers, PLEASE LEAVE AS MANY COMMENTS YOU WANT TO LET ME KNOW WHAT YOU THINK SO FAR!

Enjoy reading!* x

“What job are you starting on Monday?” Liam asks, leaning against the closet door as he waits for Harry to unfold his clothes and hand it over to be hung.

“I noticed a bakery down the street when I bought this house, so I decided to apply for it then. I walked in a few weeks ago and I was surprised when they hired me right on the spot. They didn’t even ask me any of those questions about the job or myself. Just that I was hired and can start once I settle here.”

“Glad they actually did that,” the older lad mutters distractedly with a smile, hanging a blazer on a hanger.

“Do they do that usually?” Harry questions, looking up from the ground.

“I wouldn’t know for sure, but I guess you’re lucky they did that. I don’t think any other business would do that without some convincing.”

That only confuses Harry more, so he decides it’s best not to ask anymore. He clears his throat and starts another topic, hoping Liam would open up a bit more like he did earlier. “What about you? What’s your job?”

“Oh. I work as a bartender at a club a few blocks from here.”

“No way. You can’t just be working as a bartender and have all the money to buy two  houses when you moved here. There’s gotta be something else.”

“And why do you suspect that, Stylesy?”

“Honestly, I can’t see you just working as a bartender while you probably have more money than I’ll ever make in, like, 30 years. Come on, Liam. What other job do you have? Are you secretly a CEO of some major company, or are you one of those spoiled rich kids who gets money from your parents whenever you want?”

A small smile appears on Liam’s face as he looks fondly down at Harry when he hands him a shirt to hang. “All I can tell you, Mr. Styles, is that I’m not some CEO of a major company.”

“So then you are  a spoiled rich kid.”

“Didn’t say that either, but I’ll let you think what you want. It’s better than the truth anyway.”

“Pardon?”

“Nothing,” Liam dismisses that last part, waving a hand at Harry to drop it. “You like baking, right? That’s why you wanted to work at the bakery?”

Harry nods, saying, “Yeah. I mean, I don’t wanna do that as a living for the rest of my life, but it’s a start and I’ll gladly take it, since they practically offered it to me when I walked in there.”

“As they should. But I have to admit, if I hadn’t known you loved baking, I never would’ve thought you’d be into that.”

"Is it because I'm young and beautiful and could potentially be a model?" Harry jokes as he continues to unpack his clothes and hand them over to Liam, who hangs them up in his closet. He smiles and adds, "Because I've been told that many times, and I'm starting to believe maybe it is true. Like, ‘maybe I am too much for the world to handle’. But then I remind myself how much that makes me sound like Louis, so I forget about it. Better that way, you know?”