Chapter 18: Here For Good

Chapter 18: Here for Good

It's quiet when Harry wakes up the next day. Well, except for the soft, even breaths coming from Liam, who happens to be spooning him from behind. Harry avoids stiffening and possibly waking Liam, so he evens his breathing to calm the fast beating of his heart. It almost feels like it's just about ready to beat out of his chest.

But it makes sense. He does plan on possibly escaping right now. He just needs to get out of bed without Liam waking up and get dressed with his body being sore.

Which reminds him of last night. That wasn't... horrible, per se. He didn't expect Liam to easily give in to Harry's "desire" to have sex all of a sudden, but Harry clearly underestimated Liam's feelings for him. He thought maybe Liam may have an idea of what he was really planning all along.

Then again, Liam went along with it pretty happily. Like it was the best thing that could've happened between them.

And that's enough thinking about that, he scolds himself in his thoughts as he slowly and cautiously slips out of bed from under Liam's arm. He hopes that Liam doesn't wake up at the moment and catch him trying to find a way out of his house like this.

Once he manages to get off the bed with only Liam snuffling a bit into his own hand, Harry lets out a soft breath and looks for his clothes. It's easy enough to find, as they are still on the floor after Liam threw them there, leading up to them having sex - And he can't think about that now. Because for some reason, his chest tightens from what he thinks is guilt, of all things. Which just shouldn't be happening.

This is probably one of the only chances he'll get at escaping, so he knows he has to move quickly.

Getting his skinny jeans back on in silence is just realistically not going to happen, so he picks it up off the floor and decides to hold it after pulling his shirt on. At least, he thinks it's his shirt, but the room is still pretty dark from the little light coming through the windows.

Probably around 4 or 5 in the morning then. I can work with that, he thinks and tiptoes towards the door. This could be the hard part, especially if the door squeaks and Liam wakes up from it.

He just can't risk that happening, so this door better not squeak when he opens it. Letting out a shaky breath and pushing his hair back from his face, Harry reaches out and holds the doorknob. He twists it open, then looks back at Liam still sleeping on the bed. The good thing is that the door doesn't make a noise, so Liam doesn't wake up.

Oh, thank heavens.

With one last reassuring glance back at Liam, Harry pulls the door open just wide enough to fit through and closes it behind him quietly. Once it is firmly shut behind him, he leans against the wall and lets out a breath of relief.

Now, the next part is to find an exit out of here. Which, should be easy enough as long as Liam doesn't suddenly come looking for him. So he has to work fast.

He heads for the stairs just down the hall and quickly makes his way down without making a sound. Again, thank goodness that the stairs didn't creak, or else who knows what Liam would do to him. When he finally reaches the bottom on the stairs, he makes his way to the living room again before pulling out his phone.

The bad thing is that his phone is low on battery. However, at least it's enough to make a very important phone call as he keeps looking for a way out without alarming Liam of his escape. He makes quick work to dial Zayn's number, hoping that he answers at once.

"Hello? Harry?"

"Zayn! Oh god. Thanks for picking up."

"Thanks for - Where the hell have you been?! We're all at the hospital worried about you."