Chapter 8 - Purple Grape

Heyyyyyy

I finally found time to write!!! My week has been fine so far, and I felt really bad for not updating, so here I am, writing another chapter <3

I didn't write much, cuz halfway through I felt really bad so I ended the chapter to go sleep instead.

Stay healthy, happy and safe! I luv ya lotz <3

________________________________________________________________________________

"I think we should disband the Revengers." Thor chuckles. I snort. "But I rather liked it." 

"Hit her with a lightning blast."

"I just hit her with the biggest lightning blast in the history of lightning. It did nothing." 

"We need to hold her off until everybody's on board." Valkyrie says. Thor looks at the people boarding behind him. His people. As the king of Asgard, he is sworn to his people. He had to protect them.

"It won't end there. The longer Hela's on Asgard the more powerful she grows. She'll hunt us down. We need to stop her here and now." He says. 

Valkyrie nods. "What's our move?"  "I'm not doing "Get help."" Loki says with determination. Thor sees Hela approaching. He sees the palace behind her. He comes to a realization. He replays his father's words over and over in his mind. 

"Asgard's not a place, it's a people. This was never about stopping Ragnarok...it was about causing Ragnarok. Loki, Y/N the vault. Surtur's crown. It's the only way." Thor says.

"Bold move, brother. Even for me." Loki says, looking very impressed. He grabs my hand, me shouting a quick "bye" to Thor and Valkyrie. We run off, leaving Thor and Val to deal with Hela.

Loki and I scramble onto the Commodore, Loki in the pilot's seat. "This is madness." He says, as we zoom towards the palace.

We finally get to the vault in the palace. "Look! Surtur's crown!" I pointed to the artifact. Loki nods and picks it up with one hand. We continue running down the hallway until...

The Tesseract.

Loki looks at it longingly. "Loki... no..." I start to say, but once he had it in his sight, there was no turning back. He reached out for it slowly. In a desperate attempt to save half the universe in the next few chapters, I grab his arm to hold him back. He shot me a look.

"Let me go." He growled. I shook my head. "Loki, no. The Tesseract contains an infinity stone. If we do not destroy it here and now, in the near future, half the universe has to pay a deadly price." He only sighs. "No. You don't understand." 

"But I do."

"No YOU DON'T."

I retract my hand and look away. Disappointment and anger. Loki seems to realise this and pulls away from the Tesseract. "I apologize for that, love. The Tesseract is indeed a formidable weapon. I only wanted it, for it's power. But if what you say is true, then indeed, I should not take it." I only nodded, and gestured to the Eternal Flame up ahead. 

Loki hurries to the flame and places Surtur's skull on it. "With the Eternal Flame, you are reborn!" He grabs my arm and we run the hell out of there. Before leaving, I stole one last glance at the place the Tesseract was at. I was glad to see the blue cube still shining. Soon to be destroyed. 

We hop upon the Commodore, and ride it to the giant space ship, where all of Asgard is at. We jump from the spaceship, landing in the bigger one.

Just then, Hulk jumps aboard. In his arms, Thor and Valkyrie. 

In the distance, we can see Surtur destroying Asgard. The Asgardians shed tears for their homes. All destroyed and crushed. We see Hela trying to stop Surtur, to no avail. I lean onto Loki for emotional support. 

Everyone watches as Surtur drives his sword through Asgard.

Korg stays sunny and optimistic. "The damage is not too bad. As long as the foundations are strong, we can rebuild this place. It will become a haven for all people and aliens of the universe..."

Asgard explodes. Thor's home is blown to pieces. It's gone.

"Nope, those foundations are gone. Sorry."

Gears turn in Thor's head. He processes the decisions he's made. "What have I done?" He is filled with disappointment in himself, and guilt eating at him. Heimdall steps forward. "You saved us from extinction. Asgard is not a place, it's a people."

In his cabin, Thor looks at his reflection. His wounds bandaged, his armor cleaned. "It suits you." Loki says, as we walk into the room. 

"Perhaps you're not so bad after all, brother." Thor smiles. "Y/n." He acknowledges. I smile back.

"Maybe not." Loki says.

"Thank you, Loki. And if you were here, I might even give you a hug." Thor says, throwing a soap dish to Loki. 

This time, Loki catches it. "Do we have to hug now?" Thor smiles and engulfs us in a bone-crushing hug. 

Loki and I exit the room, we walk back to ours. "It's finally over." Loki says as we flopped down on the bed next to each other. I stiffen. What happens after Ragnarok? Infinity war. Shit. 

Loki- he might perish. That means he doesn't have long left...

The very thought brings tears to my eyes. Before long, I was sniffling as tears streamed down my cheeks. Loki noticed my sudden change of mood, from being jolly in the hallway to pathetically sobbing on the bed.

"Hey, hey, what's the matter?" Loki's eyes held concern. "I can't tell you that- it would change the fabrics of reality.." I mumbled softly. Loki pulled me into a hug, his chin resting on my head. I sobbed quietly into his chest.

"I may not know what has gotten you so worked up over, but just remember I'll be there for you." Loki attempted to comfort me. Keyword: attempted. You're going to be there for me? No you're not. I chose not to say anything and continued hugging him.

We stayed that way, in each other's arms for the next half-hour. Then we decided not to lay around anymore, and got out of bed. 

I tried to keep my feelings in, not wanting to worry anyone else. 

We approach Thor in the main room, where he was looking out the window. "Do you really think it's a good idea to go back to Earth?"

"Sure! They love me there." 

"Let me rephrase: Do you really think it's a good idea to bring me back to Earth?"

Thor smiles at his brother, understanding his concern. He pats him on the back, causing Loki to stumble a little. "Probably not. But don't worry brother... I've got a feeling everything's going to work out."

"I- I don't think so..." I stuttered, eyes widening in fear of the sight out the window. A massive ship approaching us. To be specific, Thanos' warship. Tears sprouted in my eyes again.

"Darling, I have heard from the Avengers once before, that you are able to see the future. Was this perhaps what you were so worried about?" Loki held me by my arms, stabilizing me. I shook my head vigorously.

"Then, what were you scared for?" Loki pressed.

I looked up to his eyes, vision blurry and eyes glistening with tears. My voice came out a whisper, and I struggled to form the word.

"You."

________________________________________________________________________________

Please don't be a ghost reader, and please please please comment. That mean so much to me, they motivate me to write the story. I make everything up as I go, and I'm really new to this, so I would really appreciate if you would let me know you're thoughts about the story, or perhaps point out on anything I didn't do as well. 

Also like none of my chapters are edited because I'm a lazy ass, so point out any spelling or grammar mistakes if you spot any. (Except if it's like one of those British-American spelling differences, cuz I use both spellings lol)

Stay happy and safe!! Luv ya lotz <3