Chapter 3; And Some Have No Preference.

why am I embarrassed that people are actually reading this????

notes; Rose cafe is a villain cafe! Villain run, and villain owned. Evelyn and V aren't too big of villains, they're from outside the city. 

I almost left the notes in unintentionally, but y'know what, have em.

-------------------

[Xemon POV]

I am so happy that no one knows what I look like, because some days, I can act like a normal civilian. 

Because I do need a normal job. Do you think I get paid to be a villain? Hell no. So I'm working at this 'Rose Cafe' place. It's run by a woman named Evelyn Rose, and her friend 'V'. They gave me the job, no questions asked, for some reason.

I'm currently doing whatever they need me to do, which I don't mind because they're paying me like 15 bucks an hour, which is over the normal wage for a cafe worker. 

Right now, since they don't have anyone that's free to train me, I'm clearing off tables and cleaning the floors. 

It's stupid that they don't, but then again, this place is pretty small, they've only had like 8-9 customers in the past hour. 

This means that there isn't too bad of a workload on me, right now. I guess this is sort of normal for a Tuesday since a few of my coworkers were kind of slacking off. 

---

My shift's over. 

I really don't want to head back to my apartment, but I need to because if I want to get a leg up on everyone else, I'd need to get into my gear. 

Besides, I'd like to prove everyone wrong, because they all think I can't use the chains. 

But I've got a strong mental connection to them, strong enough to move them as long as I am barely touching them.

So, time to run.

----------------------

Hiii!

These first three chapters were slight world-building. 

Explaining the chains; They're a slightly magical item. [You can say Scar invented them idk] but, you need a strong connection somehow. I.E if you were traumatized with them you could still use them. Xemon has just trained with them for years, and he has multiple good memories with them, so he's powerful w/ em.