Chapter 11; Midnight chaos with a sprinkle of gay

this book is me just idea dumping and making it a coherent story.

I wanted to originally make this a lovers to enemies book, but I can't hurt yall that way.

chapter named by Vee

----------

[Xemon POV]

After spending most of my day at the cafe, and helping out whenever I was kind of forced to. [EVERYONE FORGOT TO KEEP GRIAN A W A Y FROM THE OVEN, SO I HAD TO REDIRECT THE FIRE H E STARTED]

I also, once the cafe closed, made s'mores for everyone, and we basically had a campsite in the middle of the store, where we used the tables and chairs to make a base.

This is why Evelyn needs to come in every day or else this WILL happen. 

Suddenly Virgil spoke. "We should do a cafe-wide sleepover. We'll set up tents or something in the cafe and y'know sleep the night. 'Course we'll do it once we get the new hire."

"New hire?" Grian pipes up, his wings floofing up and whacking Zed in the face.

"Mhm! We're planning on getting two new hires soon. We have at least one online form filled out."

"We should roll a d20 and whoever has the highest roll out of every form filled out gets hired," Zed said, shoving Grian's wing away.

"I'll tell Evelyn I'll take over the forms and do that."

"Aether Yeah!" 

----

After being forced to go home, I'm going to sleep because I do work tomorrow. 

----

Nevermind! Hels messaged me and asked me to meet him at the park. So, of course, I'm going to meet up with him and disregard my sleep schedule again. 

We're meeting at the same park as last night. 

The park I found out I had a crush on Hels in.

----

This bastard ambushed me, by hopping down from a tree. 

'Course I couldn't really see nor hear him from lack of sleep, but so what. 

We're just chilling in each other's company under said tree. 

"Hey, what if we flash our phone's flashlights into stranger's windows, with the morse code for 666?" 

"Sure."

"Alright. Which part of the neighbourhood?"

"You know that one that is mostly comprised of Karens?"

"Yeah. Let's get going." 

----

And we got the cops called on us.

----

 Hels and I are on the rooftop of my apartment building. 

He's asked to stay the night, because he doesn't want to deal with Wels, so we're just chilling up here until we have to head inside. 

----

[Hels POV]

Xemon's fallen asleep on my shoulder. He'd almost fallen off of the roof, with how we're sitting on the edge, so I'm kind of holding onto his side tightly. 

It was kind of obvious that he'd gotten barely any sleep, his reaction time was extremely off, and his eyebags had eyebags. 

And of course, there's the fact that he's now leaning into my side.

I'm happy he trusts me again.

Aether, I'm happy we're friends again. 

I missed my best friend. 

---------------------

Shorter chapter. :-)