Chapter 16; Oh shit oh shit oh shit.

hehe climax time.

I didn't plan for this to come now. I planned for it to come way later on, like chapter 25 or so.

But here we are.

*sighs happily/dreamily* murdering a main character time <3

tw: mc death, death, being tricked, blood, loss of a loved one, 

-----------------

[Xemon POV]

The past few weeks went by quickly. 

Hels found out the target's names, Carson and Lydia Dove, and Leo Aveeno.  (named after soaps)

And that Ri and Ro would be inviting them to a dinner party of sorts, and they want us there to take care of them, per se. 

We'd meet under the pretence that we are business partners and that they wanted us to meet the other three, and as we got to know them, I'd slowly get them away from the group and kill them as Hels socialises with them, keeping their attention on him.

I'm so glad I'm not the one talking with them, I'd fuck it up and give us away after the first kill.

----

We're there now, Ri and Ro are speaking to each other privately, likely about how they hope it'll go well. 

I mean, it is kinda hard to trust strangers with something you want to be done. 

And, here come the victims, Leo, Lydia, and Carson.

"Ah, Friends! These two are the ones we told you about, our 'Business partners'!" Ri said with a smile, as Ro waved. Well, I think she's waving. 

"Nice ta meet you two," Leo turned to us and dipped his head.

Lydia and Carson seemed to ignore us as they began to talk with Ri and Ro.

They're acting too polite and nice to each other as if they don't hate each other.

Aether, the two are conscious of how Ro's blind.

----

We've been here for thirty minutes, and I finally managed to get Leo away from the crowd and-

Wait a minute, he came too easily, and-

Was that-

Fuck. Leo and I've run back to the room and...

Hels' been attacked. We were tricked.

Ri smiled at me, as I took in the scene.

"We never intended for your little plan to work. We have been wanting to rid this city of villains, so we are taking them out, one by one, just like this."

"You have a choice, retire and he lives, just barely, or don't and he dies," Ro adds, continuing Ri's monologue. 

"I- I'll retire."

Ri nods, and Lydia drops Hels. I hadn't even noticed she was holding him.

The five of them left after that, and I'm now at Hels' side.

I took too long to make a decision. I couldn't find his pulse at his wrist, or his neck.

He's gone. He's bled to death.

They fucking stabbed him, and now he's gone. 

We'd only just gotten together, Aether, we'd basically started to live together. 

...

I'm going to get him to a hospital, maybe they can save him.

And then head home. I need to rest.

----

Once I got him there, they pronounced him dead on arrival.

They let me go home after a bit of questioning. 

Luckily, they can probably check the camera's in the meeting area, and they can hopefully stop the schemes of Ri and Ro. 

Or else I will do it myself, and this time I won't hold back.

-----------------------

alternate title: We've been tricked, and utterly bamboozled.

I'm not sorry, Vee.

(I FINALLY GOT THE MOTIVATION BACK FOR THIS BOOK OMFG)