Chapter 13; New Hires

[Xemon POV]

Badtimes had mentioned before I left to head home that I'll end up meeting his brother tomorrow because Grian and I share a shift, and he'll likely come in during G's break. 

'Course, I'll probably end up ignoring them, and actually do my job. I'm pretty sure I'm on pastry duty tomorrow.

I'm actually pretty good at cooking and baking --Auntie taught me-- and I've been trying to get better. I never exactly work on baking different sweeter foods, Aether, I rarely bake as is.

Baking's pretty fun when I get the chance to. I've never been given the chance to yet since Evelyn wasn't the manager on shift when I normally worked. [Besides the first week, but they weren't ready to have me help back there yet.]

Turns out V isn't trusted during pastry baking days. He's burnt them so much, or something like that. 

"Hey, Xemon?" Grian called from out front, as I set the lemon tarts into the oven. 

"Yeah?"

"Could you take over out front for me? I'm going on break."

"Sure. Give me a moment, I need to set the timer." 

"Okay, but hurry up."

"Fine fine."

I quickly turned the timer onto the correct time and placed it on the top-most place on the stove. 

Once I got to the front, Grian immediately went to start his break.

I wonder why he's being so impatient today. 

Today's surprisingly busy. 

I mean, it is a Friday, right-?

I don't know the date anymore, all I know is that tomorrow is-

TOMORROW'S HALLOWEEN?

----

Once the cafe was practically empty, and no one had come in just yet, Grian dragged me away to meet his fiance, I assume. 

"Scar, meet Xemon. Xemon, meet Scar." He said, and he was clearly hyper.

Anyway, I ended up becoming good friends with Scar, or well I hope at least. 

We'd had a shit ton in common surprisingly. 

Then again, Grian and I do too.

----

Evelyn and V switched shifts around the third quarter way through my shift. 

V's doing the d20 thing, in the middle of one of our tables. 

Did he just approve two-?

Did he even read over them?

Actually, he probably got them down to the best candidates and then is rolling to do interviews or something.

He may act stupidish, but he's actually pretty smart. 

I'm pretty sure he went to college, but I have no idea what degree he got.

He's spotted me at the front.

"Hey, Xemon, want to look over these for me? I'm kinda biased with people, and all. I have three people down, but I need one to be thrown out."

"Bring them over."

"Thanks!"

----

So, the people he had were, unsurprisingly Scar [Grian probably paid V to hire him], Hels, I guess he followed through on trying to be hired to screw with me, and some dude called Doc.