Chapter 9; Normality

I loved the last chapter but like how the hell do I continue it?

next day and I still don't know how.

WAIT HOW THE HELL IS THIS BOOK #2 IN HEX???? 

This book has surpassed my idols' books---

---------------

[Xemon POV]

I left Dad and Pa's shortly after I woke up. 

They weren't awake yet, but they probably would understand that I do kind of have a job. I had mentioned that I work at Rose Cafe to them. 

I'm trying not to miss a day, so far, because I do need the money. [Rent is fucking high in this city. Why is it so high, I mean, your home is able to be literally destroyed in a villain attack.]

They've really liked my ability to make and control fire there too. Turns out V's a pyromaniac.

And they can use it for a few of the pastries they make. And they sell s'mores on the days that I'm in the building.

So I get free s'mores and food, and I get paid extra by V, even though it's not part of my paycheck. It may be illegal, but we're literally a villain-run business. 

I walked into work, and before I walked in, there was a sign in one of the windows.

''Ayo because it's pride month and most of us here are gay, bring your lover, gay best friend, and get 57% off your meal. 57 because google says it's the gayest number <3 -V and Evelyn"

It's the middle of October? It's not even close to Pride Month? Aether, Halloween's in a week!

"Confused at the sign too?" My coworker, Badtimes, I think his name is, asks. He's not a villain or hero, he just walked in one day and Evelyn gave him the job. 

 In her words; "His name was too ironic to not let him work here. And he's now one of our best employees. Same with that Grian kid. Neither are villains, but they cause enough chaos in the store that we let them stay." 

Anyways, to answer him, I nod and he laughs. 

"For some reason, they put it up in October every year because October is the month they started the cafe. I don't mind, because now I get to bring my cat into work once the signs up."

"But they just put it up?"

"They do it on the day they started the cafe and take it down once the same date next month happens. Or until the fourth Thursday next month." 

"Ah."

Badtimes seemed to chuckle. 

"OH HELL YEAH THEY HAVE THE GAY SIGN UP AGAIN FINALLY" A voice comes from someone walking into the cafe, one of our regulars, a dude named Leon. Or Leaf-dude. 

Don't know much about him, except that he only comes in on Thursdays and he's a villain in the town a few towns over. 

And so, now it's time to clock in.

----

Work was boring today, besides the one dude, who I'm sure was a villain from the same town as Leaf-dude, coming in in full rainbow gear.

He could've just said he was gay. 

----

I might've been tired after work, but I still have villain shit to do. 

And that means that I'm going to commit arson. Because fire. 

Who the fuck allows a pyromaniac to have fire powers though?? Because whoever did, made the mistake of making that pyromaniac be me. 

And so, I took the job of choosing a random ass building in the middle of nowhere. 

No one's going to be patrolling this area, so I have free reign of what I do here. 

I'm burning down this abandoned orphanage because it lost money like two years ago and no one's bought the place. 

And after making sure no strays are inside, I've lit the dryest part of the building and the window frames. 

----

Hels' appeared.

So we're spreading the fire together because if we're work partners, it makes sense. 

This is fun as fuck. 

----

Arson has been completed, and Hels' invited me to hang out, since we're kinda friends again, y'know?

-------------------

i like this chapter too.

using old OCs as cafe customers is fun :)

Leon was a love interest for my old OC Ray.

Rainbow Dude was originally my og gacha oc before I knew about gacha, and they've been genderbent and turned into the gayest OC I have.