Epilogue

A/N: ALL READ FIRST PART AND COMMENT THE 2nd.

{Zayn}

It's over.

A thought that has been racing my mind; I can be safe again. Well at least I hope I can.. But I have to see HIM one last time. We were all waiting in the court.. Today marked the day where I have to spend endless hours in this one building. The doors opened. He was marched into the courtroom surrounded by officers and in handcuffs. He sat on the left side of the courtroom- next to his attorney. How can that man defend Edward. Even with all the officers, I was still nervous."Hey, don't worry.. It will be okay. He can't hurt you anymore." Liam said softly. He rested his hand on my thigh. I could only nod my head. I felt like I couldn't breathe. I looked towards Harry and his eyes, his eyes were sad. The judge finally entered the room and we all stood. After the Judge had sat down, so did us. "On the day of April 18th of 2015, the court shall hear the case of Bradford vs. Styles. Mr. Edward Styles, you have been charged with the murder of of Justin Avery, and the kidnapping of Zayn Malik, as well as the attempted murder of Zayn Malik. How does the defendant plead?" The Judge said."Not Guilty, your Honour." The attorney said. I felt like my world was going down. He can't get away with this.. "Breathe Zayn, just breathe." I told myself. The Judge looked like he was about to speak."Due to the severity of the charges against you, the Court has decided that you will be imprisoned until your trial without bail." He said. I sighed in relief, but when how much longer will the trial be. "Court is adjourned." I gave Liam a puzzled look. I walked outside of the courtroom and took out my phone and checked the calendar. That's three months away. I looked at Liam again."This is just the first stage of the actual process." He explained. "The actual trial is in a few months, which we have to come back to." I nodded."Can.. can he still come - out?" He finally said after breathing a few times. He was scared; maybe he is more scared, than I am. "Not with the evidence the state has against him.. He will not get away with this." Sierra said.

~Three Months Later~

Back inside the courthouse for the actual trial.. This time; he will be sentenced. I just know it. Liam and Sierra were in full uniform, Niall too. They were all going to testify along with Harry and me, because they were the officers in charge of the mission directive and investigation. Once again, Edward was brought before the court and on the left side waiting for the jury to hear his case, well mine. This room was much larger than the room we were in before a few months ago. The Judge started to enter the room and we all raised from our seats and sat down once the Judge had seated herself."It is now April 18th of 2015. The Court will now hear the Trial and case of Bradford vs. Styles. The Prosecution, may now begin." She said.

{Prosecutor} "Good morning, my name is Daniel Williams, and I am the prosecutor for this case. It is my pleasure to represent the people that were brought here today and of this state. Over the course of eight months, the defendant, Mr. Edward Styles, had killed Justin Avery, Ariel Alvarez, Maria Terrace, Jennifer Rosa, Jennifer Alvarez, Jayden James, Jason Swift, Jonathan Cruz, and he had kidnapped and attempted murder of Mr. Zayn Malik." I said, pointing to Zayn. I continued to speak. "At the conclusion of this trial case, I will ask for a verdict of guilty. Ladies and Gentlemen, I beseech you to think on what I am about to say. This man, Mr. Styles, had let jealousy get the better of him. His result was one man killed. In August of 2014, Justin Avery, Zayn's best friend and significant other to Niall Horan, was murdered. And the very same thing has happened to each other person who came in contact with Mr. Malik. Ladies and Gentlemen of the jury, I will call six witnesses to the stand. These witnesses will be, Mr. Zayn Malik, Officer Niall Horan, Officer Liam Payne, Miss Perrie Edwards, Mr. Harry Styles, who is the brother of the defendant, and finally Mr. Edwards Styles. At the conclusion of this case, we would beseech you to find the defendant guilty; that the state has met its burden of proof. Thank you for listening." I said before taking a seat.{Defense Attorney} "Good morning, my name is James Peterson, and it's my pleasure to represent Mr. Styles on this important case. The defendant stands here in front of the jury to be accused falsely of murder and kidnapping, as well as attempting a murder. Each of these crimes is a serious case, and at the end of this trial, I will ask for an agreement of not guilty as a verdict." I said. "Ladies and Gentlemen, my client's identity was mistaken, and therefore he was not at the crime scene. The prosecution hopes that their witnesses will show the guilt of my client that he was at the crime scene. However, the testimony in fact will only prove that the witnesses they have gathered are unreliable. Ladies and Gentlemen of the jury, the defence will call one witness to the stand, Dr. Elizabeth Edwards: who is a psychologist, and she will testify to show that the prosecutor's witnesses thought up the entire crime scene investigation in their heads. At the conclusion, I beseech you to think about my client and his innocence." I said. I sat down in my chair.{Zayn} I would like to call Zayn Malik to the stand." Mr. Williams said. I got up from my seat and wiped my palms on my pants. I was really nervous. What if I mess up, or do something to screw up the case? What would I do then; I will be living in fear.. I felt someone's hand grab mine. I looked down to look at him or her to see that it was Liam. "Calm down. You will do fine." He said. I nodded."Thanks." I said. I walked to the stand."Mr. Malik, raise your right hand and repeat after me." The Judge had said. "I, Zayn Malik, swear to say the truth and nothing but the truth." I repeated after the Judge."Prosecution, you may begin." She said. I gulped.. Now here comes the pressure. Daniel got up and walked towards my direction. "Zayn, can you recount what had happened when you were kidnapped?" Daniel asked.~flashback from the previous chapters~