School after the funeral

A/N: so here is the next update from *drum roll*.... II'veotThatZap . My co writer has yet again made the best update. Now the best comment decides the dedication and maybe an extra character in the story ;) or just me writing...
========================

{Zayn}

I exit my lecture, my books pressed to my chest and my satchel on my shoulder. I walked down the hallway, my stomach craving the turkey sandwich I had made earlier this morning.

I made it outside, where some people sat alone or with friends as they ate their lunches. Chatting, laughing or studying, they all seemed to be caught up in their own activities.

I make my way over to the usual bench I always sit on with Niall and Justin. But now that Justin is gone, it's just Niall and I.

I sigh as I pull out the turkey sandwich which is inside of my light brown satchel. I hum, removing the lid off of the container, pulling out my lunch for the day.

I hear footsteps approach me and I shoot my head up. I slightly smile. "Hey, Niall." I greet him as he takes a seat right next to me.

He smiles back, a contagious smile that everyone loves. "What's up, Zaynie. Is that a sandwich? You shouldn't have." He says, quickly. He takes the sandwich out of my hands and before I can protest, he takes a large bite out of it, then hands it back.

I shoot daggers at him and take a bite out myself. "How was your lecture?" I asked, making sure to swallow first before I speak.

Niall groans. "Tedious as always." He says, with an eye-roll, taking out his own lunch. A fruit salad and Zayn finds it funny for some reason.

He sticks a few colorful fruits in his mouth chewing them a bit before speaking with his mouth full. "Yours?"

"We've got to work on an investigation project." I say with a bit of a groan. "I mean, we had to do it with a partner and..." He trails off, sniffing a bit as he looks down at his lap. "I was about to ask Justin, but then I realized that he's not... here." I purse my trembling lips, trying to stop the tears that were coming.

I've cried for way too long, I can't let this happen to me every time I mention his name.

Niall puts his container to the side and pulls me into a hug. He knows that Justin is a touchy topic for me and he is always there to comfort me whenever it get to me.

"It's alright, mate." He says quietly. "You'll get over it soon."

But I felt as if I were never going to get over it. Not after I saw him the day during the funeral. The kiss he had left on my cheek was still burning a bit due to the sparks I had felt. I still vividly remember the beautiful white wings that were a replacement for the tattooed ones he had. I miss him and I'm not going to rest until I find out who killed him.

Then Niall and I both hear someone clearing their throat. We separate and look up to see who it is. Niall rolls his eyes and audibly groans. "What are you doing here, Edwards?" He asked, harshly.

Niall has never liked her, I'm not sure why, he just says it's because she brings him a bad feeling. He says she's no good.

I think Perrie isn't such a bad person, but she is a bit clingy and annoying. Niall had told me that she had a crush on me, but I didn't believe him. He was only saying it so I can stay away from her.

She narrows her eyes at him and scoffs. "I came here to talk to Zayn." She flips her blonde hair and waves him off. "Now shoo."

He rolls his eyes. "I'll be back in five minutes." He gets up and gives me a look that says 'be careful'. I ignore it and then look back at Perrie.

"Hey, Perrie." I greet with a light smile and her bright blue eyes sparkle.

"Hi." She takes a seat next to me and scoots in, a bit too close, but I don't say a thing. "I came here to say that I'm so sorry for your loss."

My smile drops and so does my stomach. I clear my throat and blink away the burning feeling in the back of my eyes. "It's alright." I say quietly. "It's not like it's your fault."

Perrie gives me a sad smile and takes my hand in a friendly way. "I know that you two were really close friends and I knew that he was a great guy." She pats my hand with the other. "But he's in a better place now."

I nod, he is now my guardian angel. He's an angel, he was an angel on earth as well. He deserved to live in a better place, which was with the other heroes just like him.

"Do you know who-" She lowers her voice. "-killed him?"

My breath hitches a bit. I shake my head, wanting to just get over with the conversation. "No, no I don't." My voice cracks a bit but she doesn't seem to notice.

She tsks. "Well that's a shame."

"Beat it, blondie. I'm back." Niall says harshly, walking back over to the bench.

Perrie rolls her eyes and gets up. "I'll see you around, Zayn." She then turns around and struts away.

"What did that little devil say?" He immediately asks after she was out of sight.

I shrug. "She just said sorry about my loss." I sniff, finishing my sandwich.

Niall narrows his eyes. "I bet that bitch wanted to make you cry."

I roll my eyes. "Niall, give her a break, she's very sweet." I say, taking a sip of my Sprite.

He shakes his head. "There's just something about her that I just don't like." He then grabs my Sprite and takes a large gulp of it. I don't protest, I just roll my eyes again. He sighs and hands it back, half empty.

"She's a bad person, Zayn."