33. Tragedy

꧁♡︎♡︎♡︎꧂

Ron heard the girl's screams and rushed to where she was.

-Why have you done it?! Answer me! Why have you done it?! - She yelled at the man that was holding a stick.

The ginger looked at Zeus, who kept crying, stretched on the floor while Avery tried healing him. But there was nothing she could do.
-Why did you attack that dog?! - He asked him furiously.

-I... The dog attacked me! - The man excused. - A creature like that should be dead.

Avery stood up and threw herself to the man, punching him.
-You're a murderer! You've killed a human being! - She yelled, being out of control.

Ron approached her, also crying before holding the girl.
-Avy, please stop. - He asked. - I'll stop that man but don't hurt him.

Avery returned to where Zeus was, who wasn't breathing anymore, nor cried. He was gone.
-No... no... Ron, it cannot happen. No... - She cried beside him while hugging him. - Zeus... It's me, it's Avery... your mother... Please...

The ginger hugged the girl strongly, trying to pull her away from the animal.
-Please, Avery. - He begged.

-He's killed him, he's killed him... He killed Zeus. Ron, he killed Zeus. - She choked, almost breathless.

In that moment, Harry along with Ginny appeared after hearing the screams.
-No, no... shit. - The ginger girl sobbed, running toward them.

-Zeus... - Avery called, more nervous than ever, feeling how her loyal friend was gone. Feeling alone, even when being hugged by Ron.

Harry stopped the man that had killed the dog and took him away from there.

Ginny cried, watching how the animal lied on the ground. It was a horrible sensation, feeling the girl's devastating pain sobs.

It was heartbreaking; Avery's cried could break anyone internally. And she admired Ron in that moment for being so strong.
-Zeus, Zeus is gone. - She sobbed while hiding her face in the ginger's chest, who cried silently.

After a few minutes, the twins arrived, who were shocked by seeing such devastating image in front of them.
-Guys... - Fred called. - It's best if we take him somewhere else.

Ron and Ginny tried to help Avery stand up, who was still shocked, without believing what was happening.

Not her, not Zeus. Why?
-Avy, come on. I'm here. - The ginger encouraged, trying to make her react.

The girl just saw how the twins took her dog's body away from there. Maybe for the bugs not to start eating him.
-My little boy, he's gone. He's not here anymore. - She said, crying again on Ron's chest.

Zeus wasn't with Avery and Ron anymore. Even though he was elder, he had years if life left, but he couldn't enjoy them.

It was truly a disgrace for the girl to enter her apartment and find her dog's perteneces. Her loyal dog that had accompanied her a great part of her life.

Avery felt that it was all her fault. She hadn't been responsible with Zeus and payed the price. Her loyal friend's life.

Ron accompanied her at all times, crying with her. Whether he liked it or not, Zeus had been really special in his life.

If it wasn't because if him, he wouldn't have met Avery. Thanks to him, he had experience unforgettable moments and had appreciated him tons.

It hurt him that he couldn't see him and Avery together... Which was everything that the dog wanted for his owner.

Happiness. That she was happy.
-Avery. - The ginger took her hand. - Do you think you can go?

The girl nodded while walking towards her little boy's grave. The dog that relieved her pain, he'd given her happiness and amazing memories.

Avery fell on her knees by not having any strength to say goodbye to her friend on her feet.
-Zeus, sorry for all this. - She began. - Sorry for saying goodbye like this...

Ron, who accompanied the girl, cried while listening to her voice.
-I'll always remember you, you know? That you hated baths and loved carrots. - She sobbed.

Avery took a blue flower and placed it over his grave.
-You know you've been my best friend, you'll always be and I really hate myself for not taking care of you. I'm so sorry... - She wiped her tears off her cheeks.

The girl looked at Ron and hugged him once again, feeling safe, more calm and a bit better.
-Thanks, Ron. - The thanked, hugging him. - For making me company.

-I love you. - Ron reassured. - I wasn't gonna leave you alone in this. - He kissed her forehead.

Avery's eyes got watery again.
-I miss him, I want him to be here with us, Ron. I miss Zeus. - She said, breaking down.

-I know, I know... I miss him a lot, too. - He pulled her into his embrace.

And it could be a lot to believe, but Avery felt that Zeus watched them proudly, moving his tail with excitement while tilting his head.

It was certain that Zeus was happy. And, even though he wasn't there to accompany Avery in her life anymore, he really knew that the giant carrot would do so perfectly.

He knew Ron would help her overcome everything. He knew it since the first moment in which he saw him depressed at the burrow.

He knew he'd accomplished his mission. He was proud of himself. He just needed to wait for Avery to do so.

Avery looked up at the sky, feeling many bad and good emotions... Feeling that Zeus was still there with them.
-I'm very proud of you, Zeus. - She looked at the grave. - I've always been.

And, apparently, that sensation that he was with them, that feeling that Zeus was watching them, faded away.
-Rest in peace, little one.

I wanted to update right away because I just couldn't resist and didn't wanna leave you intrigued.

I literally almost cried while writing this. Well, next chapter will be tomorrow or maybe tonight.

I JUST WANT TO FINISH THIS BEFORE POSTING THE NEXT EDWARD CULLEN STORY.