Chapter 30

Third Persons POV

"What's the problem?" Vincent asks.

"We should wait for the rest of the family to get here" Antonio says.

"Then why'd you call of us home so fast if we have to wait for the others?" Xander says in a irritated tone.

"Xander what is going on with you man? You've been acting like this all afternoon. Are you ok?" Alex asks, concerned for his brother.

"I am perfectly fine. In fact, I'm great" Xander says sarcastically.

"Xander what the fu*k is wrong with you! Why are you acting like this?" Ace shouts.

"Yea cause I'm just so messed up that there's always an issue with me" Xander says before storming upstairs to his room.

"He is like a child" Vincent sighs, shaking his head.

"Y'all do know he's only 17 right? He is a child" Leo says shaking his head at the rest of his siblings.

"Cut him some slack, he's probably dealing with something" Will says.

"He's always dealing with something" Ace says lowly as he rolls his eyes.

"Alright Thats enough!" Vincenzo shouts.

"This is around the time mother left, and we all know how much of a mammas boy he was. He was effected the most by her sudden disappearance" Will explains.

"Wait, if Valerie left around this time, that means Valentina's birthday is one of these days" Leo says coming to a realization.

"You're right" Ace says.

Meanwhile upstairs in Xander's room...

Xander was on his bed, letting tears freely flow down his face, as he sat there staring at the only picture of him and Valerie he had. It was the only picture he couldn't bring himself to burn.

Xander always thought his mother left because of him, but deep down inside he knew that wasn't the case. He just could never grasp how someone could just up and leave their children like that, and then go on to abuse one.

After she left, Xander started to develop serious anger problems. His family tried to help him, but they were also trying to recover from the shock.

"Xander?" Alex says, as he knocks on his older brothers door.

Now Xander and Alex were really close. Xander would usually tell Alex everything, cause Alex would actually listen to him.

"Leave me alone" Xander says angrily.

Alex knew Xander wanted to talk, but he just needed time to calm down first:

Alex just sighs and goes back to his room.

Valentina's POV

"Welp guess I'll have to tell you now, but Tristan you gotta act like you don't know. Cause they don't know that I know" I say holding out my pinky.

Pinky promises are sacred.

We don't play with those.

"Val you already know I wouldn't tell anyone anything" Tristan says locking his pinky with mine.

"Alright so my entire family is in the Mafia, but don't be scared-"

"That's so freaking cool!" Tristan says interrupting me.

"I know right!" I say with the same excitement.

"Imagine if they would allow you to have a gun!" Tristan says as his eyes lit up in excitement.

"No seriously bro, but I doubt that they'd actually give me a gun" I say in a sad tone.

Just imagine if I actually had one.

I mean one time I pretended that my banana was a gun and accidentally pointed it at me, but hey I wouldn't let that happen twice.

I mean I would, but that is not the point.

Come on here people it's a gun. Id look so cool.

Anyways I'm getting side tracked.

"Well Val, your family seems very interesting. You're lucky. Im happy to finally see you smiling again. Its been so long since I've seen you smile" Tristan says smiling at me.

"How are you and your parents? Do I need to pull up again?" I say looking at him.

"It is what it is. Same old same old" Tristan tells me with a sad smile making its way onto his face.

"Remember what you used to do when we were younger? You used to show up at my house with a stick saying how you'd beat up my parents if they so much as laid a finger on me" Tristan say laughing as he recalls the memory.

"Yea and I'll do it again, this time I'll bring a bat" I say leaning back into my seat as I take a bite of my ice cream.

Kids don't try this at home.

Biting ice cream is NOT for the weak.

"I really wouldn't be here if it wasn't for you Val. You're like the sister I've never had" Tristan says holding back tears.

"Aww Tristan, you're gonna make me cry" I say immediately pulling him into a hug.

We hug for a while, until Tristan gets a notification on his phone.

"Welp looks like they want me to come home" Tristan says looking up at me from his phone.

"Also that reminds me, give me your new number" He says handing me his phone.

"Wait, you didn't have my new number?" I asked clearly confused.

"No V, that's why I'm asking for it now" Tristan says laughing.

So who was the person who sent me that message-

"Yea my bad" I say shaking it off.

Probably one of my brothers messing with me. They're the only people that have my new number. We'll them and Carter.

Anyways.

"Alright come on. Ima get Will to drop you home" I say taking his hand and pulling him out his seat.

"Mmkay" Tristan says.

And just in that moment, I had a terrible feeling...