Chapter 36

Valentina's POV

"Come on, yall can't be tired. How are you guys in the Mafia and can't last in a simple game of basketball" I say while shooting the ball.

"Shut up" Devon says panting.

"It's literally 10 at night. Give us a break" Damien says as he lays down on the court.

"Yea" Damon says with his hands on his knees.

"Marco? Mario? Y'all up for another round?" I ask looking around.

"They snuck out a while ago" Damien tells me.

Oh.

"So you guys really wanna call it a night?" I ask quietly.

Please.

"Yea its getting late" Devon says looking at his watch.

Please don't go.

"Alright" I shrug.

I don't want to be alone.

"Night Val" Demon says while the rest leave behind him.

It's quiet.

When its quiet I can hear myself think.

My thoughts aren't good at this very moment good.

"Vally?" Tristan says snapping me out of it.

"I don't wanna be alone Tristan" I say glaring at the ground.

I refuse to cry again.

"You're not alone though. You have a whole family. You're surrounded by people" He tells me.

"He's after me Tristan. And he'll find me. Then I'll truly be alone again" I say.

"Alright stop"

"Wha-"

"Stop speaking like that"

"Tristan-"

"Stop talking as if you're weak Valentina. It's sickening. If anyone could get through something like this, it's you. So be the Valentina I know. The Valentina that's a bad ass, and doesn't be giving a shit about what people think about her" Tristan says bluntly.

He's right

This isn't me.

I take a deep breath.

"Harsh much. But you're right. How do we do this then" I ask finally calming down.

"Not gonna lie..I was gonna leave the planning to you" Tristan says looking me dead in the eye.

"I'm gonna give you ten seconds. In ten seconds you better hope I don't catch you. Cause I promise if I catch you, you will no longer have hair on your head"

He didn't waste any time running out of the gym.

I laugh and shake my head. I start heading upstairs to go to my room. The lights were off in the living room, so I'm guessing their little meeting was over.

Growing closer to my room, I saw that the lights in Vincent's room were still on. I decided to knock on his door.

"Come in Valentina" Vincent calls out from behind the door.

He has some sort of powers I swear.

"How did you know it was me?" I ask, stepping inside of his room.

Vincent was sitting at his desk with a novel in his hand.

"The way you knocked indicated that it was you" He explains, not looking up from his book.