𝐱. 𝐥𝐚𝐭𝐞 𝐧𝐢𝐠𝐡𝐭 𝐝𝐫𝐢𝐯𝐞 𝐰𝐢𝐭𝐡 𝐚 𝐛𝐫𝐨𝐤𝐞𝐧 𝐬𝐭𝐞𝐫𝐞𝐨

𝐒𝐈𝐆𝐍𝐈𝐅𝐈𝐂𝐀𝐍𝐓 | 𝐀𝐧𝐝𝐫𝐞𝐚 𝐇𝐚𝐫𝐫𝐢𝐧𝐠𝐭𝐨𝐧
𝐇𝐚𝐰𝐤𝐢𝐧𝐬, 𝐈𝐧𝐝𝐢𝐚𝐧𝐚

AT DECEMBER FIFTEEN, Andrea got ready for the middle school dance despite being close to graduating than she ever was at being thirteen. She, Jonathan and Nancy volunteered to be chaperones, helping out the teachers to organize the event and also keep an eye out for their little brother. Though Andrea had none, she would rather spend her night there rather than to have dinner with her parents.

They came home for the Holidays. It's another cold and silent night in the Harrington's though it didn't have to be.

As much as she tried to convince Steve to tag along the feud, he declined, saying he doesn't want to ruin Nancy's night. She was sure he was saving himself from another heartbreak so she didn't pry any longer than she did. Andrea was guilty enough as it is, she wanted to forget all about it.

And even though Nancy assures her it's no where near her fault that her and Steve's relationship didn't work out, she wouldn't believe Nancy despite nodding and tightly smiling. It could practically count as a job description at this point by the amount of times Andrea could hide what she's truly feeling.

Come on, she managed to keep a friendship with Nancy for almost a year despite being in love with her for two.

The dance started, kids flooding in the entrance and on the dance floor, everywhere, basically a successful christmas night. While Jonathan was in charge of taking pictures for the year book and for memories, Andrea and Nancy was to make sure everything runs smoothly. They didn't really care if a group of kids was making too much noise, it's a free night for God's sake.

Nancy was handing out punch for kids when she notices (across the room) Jonathan giving Andrea his camera for a change. He was guiding her, telling her to adjust the brightness before taking the shot of the whole room. Even from that much distance, Nancy smiles because she knew Andrea was complaining of his smothering.

"Seriously, stop. I'm not gonna drop your camera."

"Seriously, you stop. And stop opening the shutters, it'll blind the kids."

"But I'll look more cool."

"Jesus Christ, Andrea."

There was plenty of reasons to be jealous of Jonathan. Nancy would see him together with Andrea all the time. In school, outside school, at her work. Her work where Andrea recently got at the town library last week just then. As much he did hang out with her, Nancy knows she has Andrea in a way no one ever can. Not even him.

"Hey." Andrea greets, catching Nancy in a bad time of deep thinking all alone in this punch stand she was assigned on.

"Hey." Nancy says enthusiastically, smiling subtly at her. "Jonathan getting tired of you yet?"

"That obvious?" Andrea mirrors her smile, both of them looking as if they were friends getting along in a school dance like any other girl in the room but it just wasn't that. And it's not. Not totally. Not when Nancy was staring at Andrea's green eyes that stands out the color of her dress, she looks beautiful tonight to not notice every single detail of her face.