𝐱𝐢𝐯. 𝐡𝐞𝐥𝐩𝐢𝐧𝐠 𝐡𝐞𝐫 𝐜𝐨𝐩𝐞

𝐒𝐈𝐆𝐍𝐈𝐅𝐈𝐂𝐀𝐍𝐓 | 𝐀𝐧𝐝𝐫𝐞𝐚 𝐇𝐚𝐫𝐫𝐢𝐧𝐠𝐭𝐨𝐧
𝐇𝐚𝐰𝐤𝐢𝐧𝐬, 𝐈𝐧𝐝𝐢𝐚𝐧𝐚

IT'S BEEN TWO DAYS SINCE THE LAST TIME ANDREA SAW NANCY. Not that she wants it to be this way, they were either just busy or really tired after a long day of work. As much as Andrea would love to adjust for them, she really just can't bring herself too. Especially when she had this weird obsession of doing things rather than communicating with Nancy.

If it means that she does talk to Nance, the topic of Andrea's insecurity will come up and her pride was a little too high to want to talk about it with her, let alone with anyone else. No one would understand, maybe her brother would but it's not like she wants to tell Steve about her relationship with her.

Andrea sips on a straw, a milkshake she bought on her lunch break and now currently still drinking away. She was sure there was no more chunks of ice but only melted the minute she entered the library to man the front once more. Like any other day, it was quiet and gave her plenty of time to study russian.

Not until the phone rang, making her pick it up. There was no chance her co-worker would be picking the phone up all the way from her office.

"Hi—"

"—Andrea? Is that you?"

Andrea frowns, "Jonathan?" She could recognize that voice from anywhere. "Yeah, it's me. Are you on your break? Why'd you call?" She asks and Jonathan found her voice gentle, able to calm him down after the shitty day he's had.

"No, no... I, uh... I got fired." He tells her hesitantly. Immediately, Andrea frowns and tilts her head down.

"Oh. I'm so sorry." She sympathized, knowing how much this job as an intern in the Post means to him. Even if they don't talk that mucy anymore like they used to, Andrea and Jonathan are still friends who calls the other in the middle of the night to rant about this one stupid thing. Like now. Except it's not even half past noon. "What happened?"

"That's why I called, I'm sorry." Jonathan sighs, his hand on the wall next to the telephone while having a stressed out look. "Me and Nancy were working on this case, we went off rails and we got fired because of it."

"What? Just this morning?" Andrea questions.

"Just this morning." Jonathan repeats in confirmation. "I didn't want to go through with the case, Nancy did and I didn't want her to investigate alone. But I drove her home earlier, we sorta... had a fight and I feel bad. I said some things I shouldn't have said."

Andrea sighs, placing a hand on her forehead. "Well, you lost your job, you got upset. I'm sure Nance is too, I'm gonna go visit her, see if she's okay." Like Jonathan, this job means the world to her. "It's okay, Jonathan. I'm sure working somewhere else other than the Post would be amazing for you."

"It does but it's not like I'm gonna land a new job tomorrow or next week, you know?" He says. "Can you... uh, tell Nancy that I'm sorry?"

"Of course. I'll remember that when I leave now."

"Wait, I called the library."