𝐱𝐱. 𝐭𝐡𝐞 𝐫𝐮𝐬𝐬𝐢𝐚𝐧 𝐜𝐨𝐝𝐞

𝐒𝐈𝐆𝐍𝐈𝐅𝐈𝐂𝐀𝐍𝐓 | 𝐀𝐧𝐝𝐫𝐞𝐚 𝐇𝐚𝐫𝐫𝐢𝐧𝐠𝐭𝐨𝐧
𝐇𝐚𝐰𝐤𝐢𝐧𝐬, 𝐈𝐧𝐝𝐢𝐚𝐧𝐚

-

WHEN THE CAR SWERVES MESSILY IN FRONT OF A CLOSED STORE, everyone got outside and Mike and Max helps Eleven stands up, her arms around them and follows the rest of the group.

"It's closed." Lucas states obviously, confused as to how they were gonna get in. It was the Fourth of July, everyone was out early to celebrate no doubt. They could hear it all in the town, exploding fireworks in the carnival.

"Good thing I have a key." Andrea says, walking by side with Jonathan who frowns, looking at her. They were about the same height, one was taller than the other by an inch but they couldn't tell which is which.

"What? Where?"

"Right here." Andrea kneels to the ground and grabs a rock she found randomly, "Stand back." She warns before throwing it to the glass sliding doors and they wait for an alarm to sound but there was none.

"Great. Breaking and entering." Jonathan sighs, to such great lengths they'd go through whenever this kind of situation they end up in, they become criminals. This was not the kind of example his mother expects him to be around Will but here he was, stepping on the glass carefully inside the empty store.

Nancy leads them further inside, looking up at the signs of each aisle until they turn to where all the medical supplies were. "Uh, here, get her down. Slowly." Andrea advices to the two kids holding El, pointing at the ground in front of the shelves filled with alcohol and gauze.

"You know what you're gonna do?" Nancy asks her expecting hand when she hands Andrea the gauze and rubbing alcohol that she nabbed on the shelf nearby.

"Yeah, I took early readings when I got my acceptance letter." Andrea smiles shortly at her before kneeling down in front of Eleven. Nancy crosses her arms, the bottom of her hand covering her mouth to conceal the smile she has on her lips at a time like this.

"Okay... I'm just gonna take a look, okay?" She tells her and when Eleven nods, Andrea gently and carefully pulls the hem of her pants up.

Those who were standing all exclaims in disgust, not at all helping. "I have to stop the bleeding first before I get to all the fun stuff." Andrea says with a sigh. "I need bowl and water, soap..." She lists off, ripping the gauze open.

"Okay, got it." Nancy says, standing up and gestured Jonathan to follow which he did.

"Here, any of you guys hold this." Andrea says once she puts the clean gauze gently on Eleven's wound before putting pressure. Mike beats Max to it but the girl just rolls her eyes, not saying a word. "Keep pressure on it, alright? But not too hard."

"Got it." Mike says, looking at El worriedly who closes her eyes shut.

A loud clatter empties behind them and Andrea and Max looks back to see Lucas emptying his backpack, the junk laying sprawl on the floor. "Does any of this help?" He asks cluelessly.

"No." Max says, knitting her eyebrows together in slight annoyance.

"You could get that bowl and wash cloth." Andrea advices, her one hand holding a gauze on another one if Eleven's wound while the other holds the packaging, ripping it open with her teeth before it falls on the ground for her to take.