𝐱𝐯. 𝐥𝐚𝐯𝐞𝐧𝐝𝐞𝐫𝐬 𝐚𝐧𝐝 𝐣𝐚𝐬𝐦𝐢𝐧𝐞𝐬

𝐒𝐈𝐆𝐍𝐈𝐅𝐈𝐂𝐀𝐍𝐓 | 𝐀𝐧𝐝𝐫𝐞𝐚 𝐇𝐚𝐫𝐫𝐢𝐧𝐠𝐭𝐨𝐧
𝐇𝐚𝐰𝐤𝐢𝐧𝐬, 𝐈𝐧𝐝𝐢𝐚𝐧𝐚

WHEN THE ACCEPTANCE LETTER FROM EMERSON SCHOOL ARRIVED, for the first time in history of ever, Andrea received recognition from her parents, congratulating her. It wasn't a big deal, they only say congratulations and went on with their days as if their golden child didn't achieve something they wanted for her.

Not that it matters for Andrea, she didn't want their recognition or attention. She wasn't ten anymore. Not in fifth grade seeking validation by scoring all of her exams perfectly unlike her brother who'd always fail. As much as she wanted to help Steve get better at Math, History... he just doesn't get the importance of studying back then.

Then Andrea gave up, started to focus on her own grades and it worked out. A part of her felt guilty when she saw Steve's look of disappointment when her letter came. He was happy after, of course. Smiling, been the one on her side when she ripped open the envelope and they both read the first sentence that made Steve celebrate, screaming with her as if he's the one who got accepted.

It was suppose to be them against the world, against their parents who sought the worse in them. But after this summer, after the normalcy in Hawkins, Andrea knows she'd be packing up her belongings and shipping them to her apartment near the Emerson campus.

That part still hasn't sink in quite yet. She was happy here in Hawkins with her brother, her bestfriend, her girlfriend, Nancy who was beyond ecstatic for her when she learned about the acceptance letter. The two of them still hasn't talked about what would happen after summer, that Nancy gets to stay one more year to finish senior year while Andrea gets to leave first for her first year in college.

It would only be a year anyways, what's the worse that could happen apart? After that... Nancy would also get accepted no doubt and she would leave too for college to study journalism.

Everything was set in stone for them, the only thing left was the journey.

Nancy sits on the car alone, watching Andrea enter the flower store to buy a bouquet of flowers for Mrs. Driscoll who is currently still in the hospital for damages last night. They suddenly thought of the idea of buying a simple gift and Andrea told her she could handle it and to stay in the car.

Thinking, like one normally does, Nancy gently sees Andrea asking for assistance, talking mildly conservative and visible slightly nervous when she was speaking. It made Nancy break into a smile, shaking her head and looks around the empty parking lot instead. She thought that twenty minutes ago, she was laying in her bed, just woken up from a nap and a sleeping Andrea Harrington on her side.

It was such a peaceful sight, Nancy wanted to get used to every morning before breakfast. But it was only just a nap, a sudden visit and a flow of grief over her lost job and Andrea comforting her in ways more than one. She was such an easy handle. Andrea has this soft melodic voice she could drown into happily and not complain once.

Soft eyes that speaks more than a thousand words, soft-spoken heart that sympathizes more than a normal person. Andrea is an emotional person, she cares a little bit too much about the people she loves, sensitive about her family and her struggles. It's why Nancy has never heard her speak about her parents besides Steve. She knows Andrea and Steve were the closest, the kind of bond no one can ever truly break.