chapt 43 • Rejection

I never felt what it was like to be sleeping in the same bed as someone I was having sex with

The warmth that surrounded you even underneath the sheets, the sound of their breathing mixing with yours. The feeling of an empty bed disappearing, the comfort of it all.

Usually, they'd already either been sneaking out or I was the one leaving as soon as we were done.

This was my first night sleeping without waking up in the middle of the night or having trouble falling asleep.

"And here I thought I took all the space," I said more to myself because Alessio was still asleep.

Lying his head on my stomach, his hair was everywhere and the soft breaths spilling from his lips tickled at my skin. I memorized how his back muscles tensed as I drew nonsense on him.

My chest felt heavy for those seconds he was asleep. Whenever I tried to shift myself, his eyebrows pushed together and he brought me closer and held me tighter.

I could only stay still and watch how his eyebrows fell into peace when I stopped moving. I don't know what it is, but something within me wanted just a few more minutes of this before he opened his eyes.

I noticed that I was just staring at him as he got up, his hair falling over his face and the heat of his body leaving mine as he reached over to shut off the alarm that I didn't notice had been ringing continuously.

"You're definitely the clingy one" I sit up, removing the sheets from my body and getting off my bed, stepping into the penguin slippers waiting for me on the floor. I stopped by my room last night for my toothbrush and body care necessities.

"You're nice to lay on" He scratches the back of his head and I drop my eyes to how his sweats reveal that V-line as he stretches.

I enter the bathroom and I notice Alessio smiling down at something, I place my toothbrush in my mouth and follow his eyes to my slippers.

"What? You don't like them?" I lift my foot higher and he begins to laugh and enters the bathroom to brush his teeth.

I sat on the side of the counter, "I think they're really cute.." He's looking at me in the mirror.

"I might have to get you a matching pair then" I rise the toothpaste out of my mouth with water.

"I would wear them all the time" He does the same and I'm looking at him without knowing there's a smile on my face.

He inhales before stepping between my thighs, sliding his hands up my thighs, sending nice sensations along my skin.

"There's a really old library in town... and I want to go... but I really want to go with you. Will you come with me Honey" I couldn't help but let my breathing pick up with how close he began to lean in.

My eyes flickered between those eyes that wouldn't handle me saying no, and those innocent lips that wanted me to say yes by pressing my lips onto his.