chapt 45 • Raising Suspicion

"You go first" I sit on the side of my bed and watch as Alessio buttons his shirt, the view of his chiseled and toned body disappears beneath the white button-up

He told me he had something to tell me, and I still had to tell him about Noah who I expect to come around even more since I kneed him in the balls at the restaurant.

"After I dropped off your books two days ago, Madelyn found me in the halls and kept asking me questions on why I was there... I told her that I went to see if you were in your room to finish our project but she kept pushing it. When I said we were already submitting ours... she asked me if I could help with hers unless you and I do more together than work on a project.." He explained and I began to feel like I knew what he was going to say next.

"You said no right? To helping her" That's when he reached his hand to rub the back of his neck.

"I... I said yes because she was growing suspicious, I told her I would only help her with her second to the last stage only for the week and that's it... I'm sorry" His tone turns apologetic.

"You don't need to apologize, it's not like what I'm going to tell you isn't similar to yours" I look down at my nails before saying anything more.

Truth was, I didn't like the idea of Alessio being around Madelyn for more than a minute and now he'd be around her for a week.

Knowing Madelyn she'd of course try something, though I knew he wouldn't let her. If she was getting suspicious she'd definitely try and guilt-trip him into doing something he didn't want to.

"My Grandma is actually the devil herself, who decided to take it upon herself to marry me off to some asshole for money to pay off her treatment debt" I finally say and look at him to get his expression but it's blank.

"Marry you off... as in she signed some contract?" I nod my head and his eyebrows push together.

"She can't do that... What about your father? Did he just allow this to happen?" He walks closer to where I'm sitting on the bed to where I have to crane my neck up.

"What about him? He'd probably do the same even if that meant he'd get nothing in return" I say truthfully, father hasn't answered any of my calls since I found out.

"That's not okay... neither is being married to someone you don't even know or even met" Well.

"I have met him, I've met him twice actually..." I cross my legs on the bed while he starts to figure out something.

"Was he the reason you didn't make it to the library? Were you with him?" I can see the slight jealousy swirl in his eyes again.

"Before you get jealous though I like how your tongue feels when you are, Noah is nothing to be jealous of. I did go with him that day to a restaurant, only because he had something I wanted" I only
make it worse by mentioning the restaurant.