Chapter 12 - The mall

Chapter 12

The mall

Emily Wild

Xavier hand me the clothes, he got from his sister. I make my way to the bathroom and close the door, so I can change. It's too big on me, but it's better than Xavier's clothes. The outfit is quite simple, just a crop top, jeans, a pair of panties, and a bra. I walk out of the bathroom, and spin around, smiling, "what do you think?"

He smiles at me, his eyes shining in affection. I can't help the blush creeping up my neck to my cheeks. "You look absolutely beautiful, love. Shall we?" He holds out his hand for me to take. I hesitate for a second, before embracing his warm hand with mine. My hand feel so small compared to his. My cheeks redden even more, making me look down, so he doesn't notice it. What is happening to me? I'm blushing all the damn time, like some schoolgirl.

The feeling of our hands entwined, is a foreign feeling, that I've forgotten. It feels really nice, but weird. I can't even remember the last time I touched someone like this, and the tingles are giving me goosebumps. Xavier grabs his key off the counter, as we make our way to the garage, hand in hand. I gasp, as we enter the garage, and see all the very expensive cars in front of us. I scan all the cars, before laying eyes on the last one, at the end of the big space. I squeal loudly, and run towards the black Lamborghini with a jump in my steps. I stop in front of the shiny treasure, as memories run through my mind.

"I see you like the Lamborghini" he comments on my gleeful behavior towards the car.

I turn to him with a big smile on my face, "yeah I really do. My dad used to drive one of these"

He hums, with a nod, and walk to the passenger side, to open the door for me, like a true gentleman, and of course I blushed once again. I mumble a quiet thank you, before getting comfortable in the leather seat. He gets in himself, after shutting my door closed, and start the engine, making it roar to life. I'm seriously in love with this car. I turn on the radio, and hum along to the songs playing. I gaze out the window, as we pass the forest by. The drive to the mall is short, and before I know it, we're already there, and parked.

I reluctantly step out, and stare at the gigantic building ahead of us. I turn, when I hear Xavier's footsteps, and lock eyes with him. He glares at me, because I didn't wait for him to open the door for me, but when I send him a small smile, his glare vanishes, immediately, as his eyes soften.

Hours go by quickly, as we enter every store we come across. We stop at a pizza place, before heading home. I sigh in exhaustion, and place the four bags, I had on my arms, on the floor, before falling down on the uncomfortable chair. Xavier places the seven bags, he was carrying, before ordering a pepperoni pizza, and two diet cokes.

My feet are killing me, and I can't wait to get back to the apartment. I was going to suggest that we eat at home, but my stomach was growling at me, and demanded food. When we've eaten, we pack the car, and drive home. He parks the car, and glare at me once again, when I don't' wait for him to open the door for me. I ignore his glare, and stalk to the apartment, with the bags hanging on my arms.

Xavier greets the guards with a nod, when we enter. We place the many bags on the bed, and I faceplant on the side of the bed, that aren't occupied. I bury my head in the soft pillows, and groan tiredly.

"Someone is tired" my dear mate chuckle. The silence hit after, and I raise my head to look at him. His eyes are glossed over, telling me that he's mind linking someone. I let my head fall on the pillow again, when I hear the bathroom door open. The door is closed shortly after, and the sound of running water is heard. The bedroom door open, and an older woman walks in, a smile on her face.

Who is she? I question confused. Amanda shrug carelessly, making me roll my eyes. I send her a confused smile, and before I can question her, she answers my unspoken question.

"I'm Maria. Alpha Xavier called for me"

My eyebrow rises, "why?"

"He wanted me to unpack the clothes, shoes and accessories you brought"

So typical. Alphas can't do anything themselves. I could have easily done that, I just needed to rest for a second. I scoff in annoyance, but thank Maria nonetheless. I give her a warm smile, which she returns, before emptying the bags, and putting it all into place in the closet.

She's already done, when Xavier steps out of the bathroom. She did that really fast. He nods at her, before she makes her exit. I take my new nightwear, and enter the bathroom, to change for the night. I brush my teeth with the toothbrush, he gave me yesterday. I spit and rinse my mouth, and walk to the bed with a yawn.

Xavier strip till he's only in his boxers, and climb into bed with me. He wraps his arm around my waist, and pull me to his chest. I'm about to pull away from him, when Amanda's voice stops me.

<Don't, please. Don't pull away, I want to be close to our mate, please> she begs, and I can't seem to pull away from him, after hearing her plea. I did promise her to give this mate bond a chance.

<Fine, but only for your sake> I sigh in defeat. I pull up the comforter, and rest my head under his chin.