Chapter 20 - The forgotten meeting

Chapter 20

The forgotten meeting

Xavier Jackson

It's been two days, since Emily crossed the border, and left me behind. I've locked myself in my office, doing paperwork, trying to forget about her, and the fact that she just left me, so easily. I have barely slept these days, because every time I'm alone with my thoughts, they go to a dark place. It's so hard, and no matter what I do, I can't get her out of my head. She's always there lurking in the dark corner of my mind, reminding me of what I had, and what I lost, in a blink of an eye. Her deep betrayal slice through my body, like a sharp knife.

Chad have been mostly silent these past two days. I've tried everything, and he refuses to even say a word to me, which have left me feeling even more alone. I sometimes hear him in the back of my head, when he whines or whimper, at the loss he suffered. I know he's hurting badly, but I'm hurting just as much, and it seems like he's forgetting that. He wasn't the only one who lost a mate, and if I'm being honest, I think he is kind of selfish right now.

Emily may not have accepted me, but her wolf accepted Chad from the beginning. He should be a little glad that he got to feel the love from his other half, which I didn't. I want to help him, but I don't know how, but I'm not giving up on him. I've lost too much already, I'm not gonna lose my wolf too. He misses Amanda terribly, and have tried to reach out to her multiple times, but he only gets silence in return.

Nick and Jacob, have tried to get me out of my office, but I ignore them every time. I know that they just want to help, but they don't understand what I'm going through. They both have their mate, and I don't want their help. I want to be left alone with my pain and grieve. I have wanted my mate, for as long as I can remember, and the thought of getting rejected, had never crossed my mind. I know some wolves get rejected, but I never thought it would happen to me.

I always thought that when I met my mate, we would embrace each other, and our bond, and be together till our last breath. What a dumb dream huh. I've felt a deep love for my mate, since the first glance, but she didn't feel the same. I love Emily, I really do, but right now, I can't help myself from thinking, that it might have been better, if I had gotten another mate. I loathe myself from thinking that, because I really do love her, but I can't lie and say she is the easiest mate.

My wandering thoughts are interrupted, by Nick, who once again, barge into my office. I growl at him in slight anger, and shoot him a glare. He quickly bows his head, and apologize. "I'm so sorry Alpha, but Alpha Moore is here to see you. He says that you two have a meeting today" he informs me.

I sigh heavily, wishing that this meeting wasn't happening, "send him in"

"Alpha Jackson" Patrick greets me, as he enters, "long time my friend. Had you forgotten about our meeting?" he teases me, with a chuckle.

I give him a weak smile and greets him back, "Nice to see you, Patrick. It's been a minute since I last saw your ugly face" I laugh, with no real joy.

"I hadn't forgotten about our meeting, I just forgot that it was today" I smirk.

He laughs shortly, and take a seat at the other side of my desk. "So, what can I do for you, old friend?" I ask, as I make myself comfortable in my chair.

"I'm here, because we found a rogue, wandering in my territory. He came from your side, of no-mans-land. He's just a young kid, and he was very scared. We tried to get some information out of him, but he wouldn't say much. The only thing we heard him say, was the name Emily. He kept mumbling it to himself. We asked about this Emily, and what connection he had to her, but he wouldn't even spare us a glance. The only time, we got a little reaction out of him, was when we asked, if he was talking about, Emily, the rogue leader. He didn't say anything, but he looked at us for a second, when we mentioned her."

I raise an eyebrow in question, and asks him, "what does that have to do with me?"

He gives me a knowing look, "we have all heard about the rumors Xavier"

I sigh, knowing what rumor he is referring to. I really didn't need to be reminded of Emily today, let alone talk about her.

"Of course, you have. God forbid if anyone was able to keep a secret in our community" I sigh deeply, rubbing my temple, "the rumors are true. Emily, is my mate, but I'm afraid that I can't help you. She isn't here at the moment, and I'm not exactly counting on her coming back any time soon"

"If the rumors are true, then why isn't she here?" he asks with a tilt of his head, confusion written all over his face.

I heavy a sigh, "she ran away two days ago. I have no idea where she is, unfortunately"

"But I would like to meet this boy, if possible. He might have some intel on my mate's whereabouts. And I'm quite curious to hear what the boy has to say"

He looks at me sympathetically, "I'm sorry to hear that Xav. I know how long you've been looking for her, and then to just lose her again. That must hurt like hell. If you need any help locating her, my pack and I will gladly help" he smiles softly, "you can meet the boy tomorrow if you wish. Maybe you will have more luck with him, than we had"

I nod stiffly, "Thanks, Patrick. I'll see you tomorrow then"

He nods back, with a faint smile, before rising from his seated position, to take his leave. He holds his hand out, as I stand, and take it with a shake.

"See you Alpha Jackson" he walks out, letting the door close behind him.

I sit down again, with a loud and tired sigh. I really didn't need this today. Now all I can think about is Emily and this strange boy, who seems to know her. I wonder if they are related somehow, but she never mentioned a kid before. I guess I'll find out tomorrow, if he wants to talk to me, that is. Maybe he can ease my mind a little.

Tomorrow will indeed be an interesting day.