Chapter 25 - Have you seen my mate?

Chapter 25

Have you seen my mate?

Xavier Jackson

Everything is going great with Emily, Jake and the pack. I have had a lot of paperwork to do recently, which has made me quite stressed, and unable to spent as much time with Emily and Jake as I wish to and used to.

I'm sitting in my office checking my email just as a new email pops up on my screen. It's from our neighbor pack's Alpha, Patrick Moore. I wonder what he wants, he usually calls when he needs something from me. I open the email, and a big picture of Emily comes into my sight of vision. I furrow my eyebrows before reading what the email says.

'Have you seen this Xavier?'

Followed by a picture of Emily.

'Have you seen my mate?? I'm Alpha Raphael of headstone pack. I'm looking for my beautiful mate, Emily. She went missing about a year ago, and I have been looking for her ever since. If anyone has seen her or heard anything, I would be very glad if you'd contact me. I miss her terribly and wants her home where she belongs.'

A fierce growl echoes in my office, as I stand from my seated position abruptly and slam my fist on my desk, breaking it in two. My computer falls to the floor as well as the rest of the thing on my desk, but I pay it no mind.

How dare that asshole! Calling my mate his and asking for help to find her! He's gonna regret ever meeting my mate! I'm gonna make sure of that!

I jump out of my closed window, making it shatter into a million pieces, as I shift in the air landing on the grass. I sprint into the forest needing to release some of my pent-up rage, boiling in my veins.

I know I have to tell Emily about this, and I hate Raphael even more for that. I don't know what this will do to her, but I know it's not gonna end well. I just hope she can control her emotions better than me at the moment. He's not going to get her, not now, not ever. She's mine! No matter what, I'll always be there for her, and we'll get through this together. We are getting through this, just like everything else we've gone through.

***

My pack and I have been training nonstop, since I received the email. After my run four days ago, I went in search of my mate, and told her about the email. To say she was pissed was an understatement. She was furious. Mostly because he claimed her as his mate publicly. After her anger had vanished a little, the fear took over. Tears fell from her beautiful eyes, as sobs wrecked her body, and just like that, my rage came back tenfold. I was shaking in rage, as I held her close, as she cried. I did everything to contain my anger, but Emily felt it all through our bond.

I knew she was afraid of him after everything he put her through, but I underestimated her fear. It was way worse than I thought. She cried in my arms for the rest of the day, shaking like a leaf. I comforted her, and held her close all day, but she still managed to cry herself to sleep. I was reluctant to leave her, as she slept, but I knew I needed to get some release. My raging emotions affected Emily, and I couldn't have that. Her own emotions were more than enough, so I had to get mine under control.

Witnessing what all this did to my poor mate, made me loathe Raphael even more, if even possible. I wanted to declare war, and make him pay, for all he had done, but I restrained myself, and instead focused on comforting Emily.

My pack was not happy to hear about the lurking threat to their Luna. I didn't tell them exactly what he did, knowing Emily wouldn't want that, but I told them that he had hurt our Luna, and wanted to take her from us. He is a threat to her and the pack. The pack was out for blood, just like me, and we began training for the war to come, immediately. Many packs know about me catching the rogue leader, some even know about our mating, but those who only know about her captivity, will send Raphael my way. I need to be prepared for his arrival, and I know it's only a matter of time, before he comes knocking on my door. My pack isn't weak, quite the opposite actually, but I also know Raphael's pack isn't weak either. I don't doubt that the war will be harsh and tough, but I also don't doubt the win we will celebrate.