Chapter 13 - Nightmare

Chapter 13

Nightmare

Emily Wild

"Please let me go" I sob, hearing the man chuckle darkly. A whimper escapes me, as I see my brother struggling to get away from the two men holding him tightly.

"It's going to be okay Em, I promise" he tries to assure me, but I don't believe his words, even though I really want to. He growls in anger, when one of the men drag him away by his hair. I sob louder, as tears pour down my cheeks heavily. The man holding me, slap me across the face, making me fall to the ground, hard. A whimper escapes me, when I look up at the man, who have a sickly smirk plastered on his disgusting face.

"Stop crying, you little brat" He spats, making me flinch back slightly, in fear. My parent's lifeless bodies lie in front of me, and I feel more tears fall the longer I look at them. They lie in a pool of blood, their blood. They killed them, in front of Jacob and I, and they just laughed, as we screamed in agony. They are all monsters. The screams of the rest of the pack, and the sound of fighting stopped a while ago. One of the men said something about them being dead. Is it really true? Are they all dead? All my friends, and my family. They killed them all.

I hear a growl, followed by a manly scream and a dark laughter. I freeze completely, when I recognize the growl and the scream. It was my brother. I force myself to get up, while glaring at the two men in front of me. I sprint upstairs, and head towards the room, where the sound came from. I burst into the room, and scan the three men who stares at me with wide eyes. I don't pay them any attention, as my eyes are glued on my brother's lifeless body, laying in a pool of blood, that stain the once beautiful floor. I run over to his body, and kneel beside him.

"Jacob! JACOB!!" I scream, while shaking him, hoping he will, by some miracle, come back to me, but he doesn't move an inch. I listen closely, but I don't hear any pulse. He's really dead. I've lost my brother, my mommy, my daddy and my pack.

I glare at the men, as rage pulse through me, "you killed him, you fuckers. You killed them all! You monster's!" I yell at them, as they smirk evilly at me. I feel the fear rush in my veins, when one of them step towards me, with an evil glint in his eyes.

I stand from my kneeling position, and step back. He takes a tight hold on my upper arm, and I can't hold in the whimper at the pain, he's inflicting on my poor arm. "You're coming with us, little girl. Our Alpha will love to meet you, again" he smiles sickly, making my skin crawl. Their Alpha want to meet me. Why? Why me? ...

Xavier Jackson

The loud sound of whimpers, pull me from my sleeping state. I look down at Emily, who is curling up against me. She's tossing around, as much as she can, in this position. Tears are streaming down her puffy cheeks, and she keeps mumbling the name, Jacob, again and again. I shake her shoulder lightly, not wanting to scare her, in her vulnerable state. I call her name softly a few times, before her eyes flutter open. Panic, terror and pain are deeply embedded in her eyes. She stares straight at the ceiling, not wavering her gaze one bit. Tears are still falling from her haunted eyes, which are bloodshot.

I cradle her tightly to my chest, and whisper sweet comforting words in her ear. She slowly starts to relax, and after a while, I hear her breathing become slower, and she slowly stops shaking. Her eyes are now closed shut, and her mouth is slightly open, as soft snores fill the silence. I sigh and rest my chin on top of her head, nuzzling my nose in her soft hair. I look at the clock, standing on the nightstand. The numbers, 3:47 am, is shining in the dark room.

I close my eyes and try to fall asleep again, but I can't seem to shake the image of my mates haunting eyes. What was she dreaming about? It must have been something awful, since she cried and had that look in her bright eyes. I have never seen anything like it. They were so haunted. I pray that I never have to see that again.

It hurts to see so much pain and suffering shine in her beautiful icy blue eyes. There should only be joy and happiness in her eyes, not pain and terror. She looks so cold, with her icy eyes, and emotionless expression, and it honestly scare me a little. I will make all her hidden demons go away, and make her happy. I'll treat her like the Queen, she is. My Queen.