Quake, rattle and roll p1

Mila leans against the wall while she watches Hiccup do something with a barrel and some glass. She had just walked up to the duo with Astrid looking behind the thing. She has no idea what the duo is making or what Astrid is doing. But she kept quiet, just enjoying the show.

It hurts Mila a bit that Hiccup is more interested in Astrid then he will ever be in her. But she is sure that this phase will just pass on and she can go back to feeling... well... nothing. She never felt feelings ever.

"All right. I think one more plasma blast should do the trick, bud" hiccup says to his dragon.

Toothless blasts at the barrel with a bit of glass on it, she still has no idea what Hiccup is making for that matter but it is nevertheless entertaining. But not as entertaining as the twins getting hurt.

"Whoo!" Hiccup coughs at the smoke reaching his face. "Great job!"

Mila shakes her head, some times he is an idiot for not wearing a mask or standing too close to the smoke. But what do you expect from a boy like Hiccup.

"Oh, hey, Mila!" Hiccup says, gaining the girl's attention.

"Oh, hey, hiccup, Astrid." Mila says while watching Hiccup get onto his feet.

"Nice. I can see straight to the horizon." Astrid says while she looks through the new contraption that Hiccup had invented and made.

"That should make it harder for anyone to sneak up on us. I wonder how the twins' lookout tower is coming along." Hiccup says.

Well Mila can already guess that it is going bad or slow. Maybe they are doing something entirely different than what hiccup had asked from them.

Astrid steps away from the contraption that Hiccup and Mila decides to see what it is. She had never seen anything like this before, she got to give Hiccup some credit for being so smart. She wonders how he had come up with it.

She looks through this glass lens in the middle of the barrel. She sees...nothing but grey stone and texture of nothing but stone? Her head starts to pound in pain from looking through that barrel contraption.

"I can only imagine." Astrid says from next to Mila.

She jumps back holding her head in pain from seeing nothing but a grey stone like texture. She can already see with her own eyes the entire horizon.

"Ow." Mila whispers softly. Hoping that both of them don't hear her. "That hurt." She rubs her head.

"What hurts?" Hiccup turns to her.

Mila looks like shocked at Hiccup. Like she's a child caught stealing a piece of cake from her mother's freshly baked cake. Her eyes wide while looking a bit guilty while being caught.

"Nothing! Just bumped my head." She laughs nervously.

She scratches the back of her head before she moves away from the barrel. Smiling innocently as she is still not ready to tell the dragon riders anything about that fireworm incident. Besides they seem to have forgotten all about that too.

"It's amazing how far you could see through that thing, right Mila?" Astrid asks the girl with a bit of a smile on her face and proudness towards Hiccup.

Mila feels her heart drop, what? They would ask her that? Well she can't tell them that she can't see anything through that thing. Other then a weird rock like texture which doesn't make any sense to her. If Astrid can see the horizon, shouldn't she see more then that?

"What? Oh, yeah. Definitely." Mila says nervously before nervously laughing.

Hiccup frowns his eyebrows at her, not seeming to believe her entirely. But seems to let it pass at the moment before he starts to continue with the barrel contraption. She shuffles her foot a bit before she looks at the floor.